What is Happening to Our Society
What our world is coming to..
Our society as a whole is falling apart. Devices that were meant as simple, fun conveniences are now turning into complete ways of life.
- Social Media
- Texting (Cell phones in general)
- Cars (yes, even cars)
- Fancy giant houses that make us want to stay inside all day (thus needing all of the other conveniences)
Cars are Overrated
Our society is getting faster and faster and we don't stop moving for a second to enjoy our lives. Instead of driving to work, maybe try biking? It's better for the environment and you get a good exercise. If you live nearby, try walking.
We all need to take a deep breath and enjoy what we have now before it's gone. Go outside in nature and enjoy it. Walk, breathe, and stop taking this world for granted.
Social Media/ Texting
Where to even begin? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the leading social media websites of today. Not to mention poor Myspace, but Facebook kind of kicked that one out of the race in 2008.
Back to the point though, Facebook is an amazing website. Billions of people around the world are able to connect or reconnect with friends, old friends, family members, and now even businesses! That sounds like a pretty good deal (and it's free!).
Instagram is also free and users get to share instant pictures with their friends online. Again, what a great deal!
Twitter is known for hashtags and getting the inside scoop of famous people's lives. That is also wonderful in the fact that anyone can post a split second thought for everyone to know about. But what's the point?
Is this all really free? What's the catch? There is none, most would say. Not financially anyway. But there is a catch, your freedom in this world is compromised.
Now not everyone, but millions and billions of people use these websites every day multiple times a day. From middle school to the elderly. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but how many of those people NEED to go on the sites in order to feel fulfilled? How many of those people go on these sites in default because they are "bored." How many of these people cannot live without their social media sites? That is the issue at hand here. So many of us are too sucked into these websites that:
- We miss out on that date we would have gone on if we would've just looked up and saw him/her sitting, staring at us hoping we'd introduce ourselves.
- We miss our babies' first words because we are too worried about posting a picture of their new outfit that they'll grow out of in a month.
- We miss out on having the best day ever with our friends because we are talking to them online and don't bother making an effort to get out and actually do something with them.
- We are missing out on life. LIFE. The one thing we all have in common. The one thing that keeps us moving. This needs to change.
Open your eyes, talk to the person sitting next to you at the bus stop instead of texting or "texting." Maybe they have an interesting story that will change your life. Start acting like humans and interact. Not on the web but in person like it's always meant to be.
About those Giant Houses..
Downsize your life. We all want more rooms, bigger bathrooms, spacious kitchens, and "open floor plans." Do you know what's the best open floor plan? Yeah that's right, NATURE. Like what was already said, nature is your best option. All we need is a warm shelter, a place to make meals, a bed, and a bathroom. That is it. We don't need vaulted ceilings and walk in closets. If you want to be able to breathe and feel like you're in an open space.. Go outside! Lastly: slow down and ENJOY YOUR LIFE.