The Turning of United States Mainstream Media into a Left Wing Propaganda Machine
Headlines Capture Attention, But Are They True?
So Much of What We Are Exposed to by Mainstream Media is Propaganda Used to Drive Narratives
I can remember when journalism was an honorable profession. When they were unbiased and followed a belief of giving people just the facts, and letting us come to our own conclusions. What passes today for mainstream media and journalism falls into the unsavory category of propaganda with an incredibly strong left-wing bias.
When I was in high school, I honestly wanted to become a journalist because of my interest in writing. Today, I'm thankful I did not choose this profession. My grandfather was a journalist in St. Louis in the 1940s and 1950s, back when there was a devotion to the responsibility of informing people. Back then, it didn't seem to be based on wanting to sway people into certain beliefs, driven mainly by a globalist agenda.
Today's sloppy journalism, including using photographs and videos that are false and are used simply to exaggerate something only to create a specific narrative, is appalling. The narrative they're pushing right now... resist Donald Trump. At all costs. If the entire country implodes and everyone and everything in their path is destroyed, so be it.
If the country turns to socialism, which is what they are ardently pushing, I can guarantee you that the wealthy George Soros' of this country will not be waiting in a line once a month for a bag of rice, will not spend an entire day in a bread line, and will not be left with any other choice than to drink water out of filthy rivers. It'll be Evian water and luxury food for them. We the people ~ we're the ones who will suffer. I don't want to live in the socialist republic of Mexizuela ~ no thanks.
Common Qualities of Mainstream Media Fake News
We've probably heard the term fake news, and that's exactly what we're getting today from mainstream sources like NBC, CBS, ABC and their ilk. I write this to help people understand what it is that is being done to us, and how to spot the hallmarks of fake news. Here are some of the biggest telltale signs that what you're seeing and hearing is no more than propaganda to push a narrative:
- Elitism - A belief that the American people are stupid and gullible and easily swayed is a strong indicator of fake news. Elitists believe that they are not only above average people, but above the law as well
- Hatred and Disdain - The hatred and disdain by so-called news organizations for the average people in this country, hatred supported and encouraged by leftists, elitists, Hollywood, and mainstream media is palpable ~ and it's enhanced and heightened by the use of terms like deplorable
- Unflattering Narratives and Photos - There was a saying back in the years of George W. Bush to use only photos that made him look "confused" and "stupid". This was done long before the days of Donald Trump and will likely continue ~ if mainstream media even survives once he is out of office. Today, they use photos of Trump making scowling faces, photos that make his skin tone look an unflattering shade of orange (because how else can they call him an orange clown if he doesn't have that skin tone?)
- De-Legitimize an Elected Person - They will do anything, and I do mean anything, to try to cut down the person elected by millions of people from America's heartland. Because... it goes back to the whole "the electorate is stupid" belief. Because, after all, it was "her turn" ~ so they have been trying for three years to undo an election they did not agree with. This is not the kind of media I want for our country and I know a lot of others who feel the same way
- 24-Hour A Day Non-Stop Coverage - When you don't have a whole lot of "real news" to report, like say hurricanes and other "real" news, what do you use to fill time? Trying to fit 10 minutes of actual news into 24-hours a day is today's norm. Push a narrative strongly enough, and you might just "sway" people seems to be the belief of mainstream media today. Make the person you don't like look as terrible as possible, even if 95 percent of what you're yelling incessantly and non-stop is lies, and do it loudly and proudly. Walter Cronkite is probably turning over in his grave at what's happened to today's media
- Underestimating Intelligence of Voters - I believe today's mainstream media has grossly underestimated the intelligence of the very voters they are trying to sway with their unethical tactics
I honestly believe that we'll see the downfall of many "news" organizations once Donald Trump is out of office. That may be in 2024 if we're lucky. If he is re-elected in 2020, what will we be likely to see? A doubling down of efforts to push their agenda, along with increased attacks? More attacks viciously and brutally cutting down voters mainly because of the person they chose to vote for? This isn't the America I grew up in. And then they try to say "if you don't like it, get out and vote!" We did that.
I for one am getting really tired of reading false stories that are mostly made-up to push agendas, rumors and innuendo. I am also becoming weary of sensationalized headlines and stories being made up and used to push things like gun control, abortion, socialism and the like.
The Media Needs to Bring Honesty and Integrity Back
Learning to Tune It Out Or Watch More Critically
Now when I watch news, IF I even bother, I find myself analyzing why they're "spinning" things the way they are and I correct it in my head as they continue to drone on and on. I find myself taking a "resist" approach to being propagandized and brainwashed. The constant narrative spinning and outright falsehoods become wearing on the soul after a while.
Here are some of the reasons they do it! Some of their reasons for the fake stories, unflattering views of people we have elected, yellow journalism, outright lies and propaganda:
- To Push a Political Agenda - This one is rather obvious, never more so than it is today
- Create Confusion - I guess they believe if you repeat enough lies and do it loudly and proudly, maybe some folks will become confused and wonder if there's any truth to any of it... on closer inspection and through analyzing motives - most likely the answer will be no. This is their goal, to confuse the average person and to try to sway their beliefs
- Influencing Beliefs - This one is a tough one for them when they're preaching to people who actually have moral beliefs and a sense of right and wrong. There are not as many "gray" areas as they would have you believe. I for one don't want to live in a Godless, immoral society and it seems like there's a silent majority out there who feel the same
- Instilling Mistrust - By pushing an agenda with misinformation and by using clever manipulation tactics, they try to annihilate any trust we have in people we've elected. The only mistrust I have gained lately is that in swamp politicians and mainstream media!
I have learned to try to take all the so-called news stories today with a grain of salt. If I was a drinking person, that would be on the rim of a Margarita glass! The bias and slant of mainstream media would be laughable if they weren't so serious about it all!
I remember once seeing a guy in downtown Milwaukee with a trench coat on standing in front of a building shouting... and then he opened the trench coat. I assume he was naked under there ~ I don't know for sure because his back was to me. I believe he was insane. This reminds me of mainstream media because they try to outshout any opposing views, all the while coming across as clinically insane ~ if they opened the trench coat, maybe we'd see what's behind it. Speaking of insane...look at Adam Schiff's eyes, or Nancy Pelosi's. There's a commonality there.
I can only hope that people out there are watching mainstream media with the same kind of disbelief and doubt that I have. Their motives are certainly not based on integrity or honesty. Far from it.
A Good Example of Sloppy Journalism
I recently came across a case of "someone didn't do their research before putting this out there". A few years ago, before the 2016 election, the fashion retail company Urban Outfitters put out a voter's election day guide. The intent may have been good, but they put out some incorrect information stating that people would need a "Voter Registration Card" to vote. There is no state in the United States that requires this. In fact, there are few states that even require photo ID!
Once their mistake was pointed out, it was immediately corrected.. on election day. The harm that false journalism can potentially cause is very real. The media needs to be more responsible for what they're putting out. It may not happen in my lifetime though.
I do think that once Trump is out of office (potentially in 2024 if this fake stuff keeps going on... including the current round of impeachment theater)... who will they have to pound into the ground then? Are they still going to continue to cut down and demonize over 70 million people? That doesn't sound like a very sustainable business model... alienating such a huge part of your "audience", and then to still expect them to "buy" what you're trying to push down their throats... um... sell to them.
I bet there will be some big changes to the media coming up in the next 10 years. We can only hope those changes will be for the better.
We Can Only Wish We Had Guys Like This Today
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 KathyH