The World According To Obama
So It's Come To This...
Are You Paying Attention Yet?
My Hub score will probably take a major hit for what I am about to write but so be it. If all the liberal trolls who live in LalaLand think a voice can be silenced I beg to differ. The truth is the truth whether you like it, I like it or anyone else likes it for that matter. I'm known to use my mind and during the last week, as I have observed the actions of Obama, I can assure you that my mind has been rather busy. Trying to tie everything together that is being written these days is indeed a mind sort.
The subject here is Barack Hussein Obama. I respect the office of the President of the United States but I have no respect for any individual who assumes that job and fails to understand the magnitude of that position. It is NOT an office that is intended to be abused. The oath of office that an individual takes when assuming that DUTY is perfectly clear: "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States..." It says nothing about "if you feel like it." What we are seeing from this narcissistic, arrogant individual sitting there is incredible. According to Obama, he is above the law of the land. I don't make that accusation lightly.
He has let it be known openly that if he can't get Congress to exercise his agenda he will do it by executive fiat. Where the hell does it say in the US Constitution that such power is bestowed upon our President? I'll answer that for you. It doesn't. The Constitution was purposely set up with checks and balances. Ever wonder why? It was the ultimate safeguard against a tyrant assuming office and trying to be a King or Queen. Our founders weren't buying it because they had to deal, in many cases with their blood, with throwing off the yoke of such tyranny. They had the experience of living under the iron fist of an "all knowing" government. That isn't my definition of freedom and I'm not liable to sit still forever as I watch our individual freedoms whittled away piece by living piece.
Much lately is being written about Obama's recent actions in relation to history and past dictators and how they ended up getting away with it. What the US Constitution says means absolutely nothing to this man, even though he supposedly taught the subject. According to Obama he will rule as he pleases despite Congress. Obama and I quote, "I will not take NO for an answer." Are the courts next? The plot seems to now revolve around how to circumvent the Constitution in order to exercise "the world according to Obama." The burning question now is whether those other folks we elected are going to rein in this sort of conduct before it gets completely out of hand.
Is that a halo? No, it is false hope.
So lets examine some specifics that have been occurring lately. Our nation is one of the rule of law and no man, woman or child should be above what the law says. We collectively have been allowing that to happen for a while and it's now time, past time, to checkmate what we see going on.
1) The Senate is NOT in recess. There was a specific reason they didn't recess and we are seeing it come into play. Recess appointments are allowed to be made. I don't dispute that but the Senate is NOT in recess. So along comes our Dictator-In-Chief making recess appointments while that body isn't in recess. Richard Cordray has no business heading the new brain storm agency, one that shouldn't exist in the first place. Before Christmas the Senate wouldn't confirm him. Time for the end around Obama has as his trade mark now.
He then appointed three new members of the NLRB, none of which were going to fly by the present Senate. How convenient that he sent their names to the Senate just two days before the December holiday recess. Time for the second end around in less than 2 days.
He announced his appointments in Cleveland and said, “When Congress refuses to act…and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them.” That isn't the way the US Constitution authorizes any President to act. That was intentional. The only "people at risk" are the members of his "Jobs For Friends Program."
Obama needs to bone up on this:
Article 2, Section 2 of the US Constitution states that the president "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments. The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."
The FACT is that Obama "deemed" Congress to be in recess. Where does that deeming power originate other than in his mind?
Now the liberal minds among us, you know the "D" versus "R" crowd, will say the Republicans are being obstructionists. Lets take a look. The same Democrats who are wagging those lips of theirs need to look back at the Bush years when they used the pro forma sessions as a means to block any recess appointments Bush could make. So what I'm hearing is what is good for the goose isn't good for the gander? Is that what I'm hearing from this pack of what I can only call political hypocrites?
2) Lets talk about Czars. Most of the people he has sitting in those chairs wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of being confirmed. Why do you think he didn't go through the normal confirmation process? These shadow figures in the executive branch need to be shown the way out the back door of the White House. The very act of having such individuals in the background, unchecked by the legislative process should be disturbing to any citizen. Van Jones comes to mind. So if you can't get them by the Senate then perform the end around. It isn't like Obama hasn't set a pattern for the abuse of power.
3) He couldn't seem to get Congress to go along with proclaiming vast amounts of acreage of the wild to come under the tutelage of the federal money eating monster so up steps Lonesome End Obama and uses a lame-duck session of Congress right before the holidays once again to accomplish "his" agenda. It's becoming more evident with each passing day exactly what Obama's agenda is and it isn't a pretty picture. It definitely isn't worth the paint, nor the paper, it is printed on.
4) Can't seem to pass the DREAM Act, even when he had the majority of both houses of Congress? It is a very unpopular subject this granting of any type of amnesty to people who have knowingly broken the law to enjoy what the rest of us who legally reside here sometimes seem to take for granted. So what to do, what to do. Simple in Obama's mind. Just sign a Presidential order and circumvent the will of Congress again and again. The constitutionality of such orders are now in serious question because of the abuse of such a power. The way I read the document, Congress has the power to enact the laws of this nation, not the President. If this is his idea of "change," I suggest that he take it and keep it away from the rest of us.
5) Can't get Cap and Trade by that same majority he had? Not a problem. Call in the head of the EPA and order that new regulations, guidelines and all that other bureaucratic nonsense they seem to conjure up at whim be enacted. Another form of the abuse of power he seems quite adept at.
These latest moves, in an attempt to make Congress irrelevant, have "poisoned the well" as one US Senator recently said. After stating that he'd do what he wanted whether Congress likes it or not, followed by the recess appointments that aren't really recess appointments amounts to putting arsenic in someone's food. Lets just ignore the US Constitution so says Obama once again. The question, at the point when Congress gets back from its little vacation at our expense, is who's going to step up and play the linebacker positions as Obama becomes increasingly arrogant in dealing with those who don't agree with him?
Maybe you have a few ideas. I'm still busy reading and digesting the myriad of information available on what is happening in this country that I happen to love. Ever wonder why the federal government would relish the idea of having an internet kill switch. Let there be no doubt as your freedoms are whittled away one by one as someone who sees himself as "The Anointed One." That is a very dangerous frame of mind for anyone to have. Just who appointed Barack Hussein Obama to act like King George?
I'm just askin...
The Frog Prince