- Politics and Social Issues
The World Needs Whistleblowers
A recent news on climate change put the spot light on whistleblowers, how we need more of them to step up and save our world from the false information that are so prevalent.
- Feb. 2017
The article I am referring to is the one in the Daily Mail about how global warming data has been manipulated by activist scientists at NOAA. See link to full story below.
I want you to think about the implications of this. If scientists at a National funded organization can distort the data to influnence politicians and public policies, what chances do we as average citizens have of getting at the truth?
This is true not only in the climate change debate but across the board on a slew of issues such as the IRS, the NSA spying program, the Wikileaks exposing emails of political pundits and the press... the list goes on and on.
The prevalence of "fake news" and "biased news" in an attempt to sway public opinion and influencing the outcome of elections is reaching a breaking point. The average person is either tuned out or untrusting when bombarded with all this drama.
How do we fix this on going and growing problem? It is up to you and me.
Temperature Data from NOAA
A few Examples from Recent Past
- The NSA spying program was exposed by Edward Snowden, a low level IT personnel turned whistleblower.
- Wikileaks hacked email of the DNC exposed the corruption between media personnel and political activists.
- Climategate emails exposing the manipulation of raw climate temperature data to create the impression that man made global warming is real and dire.
- The selling of the ACA act or Obamacare to the American public was exposed to be deceitful by one of the architect Jonathan Gruber. An unwilling whistleblower of sorts.
MIT Professor Jonathan Gruber on the ACA
It is up to the people who will have to step up and level the playing field. We can no longer depend on the free press and on our government officials and politicians and even the independent scientists to give us the "truth". It is you and me who are just doing our jobs going about our daily lives. If you see something unethical, speak up or send in the documentation to various groups. We need to be the watchdog over corruption and "fake news" and deception.
There is a very good reason that one of the key 10 Commandments is "thou shall not bear false witness..." It leads to the downfall of institutions and the bedrock of a civil society. There is no room for lies and deceit. The end does not justify the means.