- Politics and Social Issues»
- Environment & Green Issues
Trees and Plants : What Would They Say If They Could Speak Like Humans!!
What Would We Do Without The Trees!Love And Protect The Environment
© Chitrangada Sharan Sept. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- It was a beautiful morning, with bright Sunshine, a gentle breeze and a promising day ahead. Walking past the many lined up trees in the park, I was just looking up at them with curiosity.
- The huge branches spread far and wide, sometimes being blown by the gentle breeze as if trying to say something to me and all those walking past them, who were unmindful of--almost ignoring their presence there.
- It seemed to me as if they were asking--how you humans ignore our presence but what would you do without us--the Trees!
- Food grains, vegetables, fruits, medicines, furniture, paper and so many more things--can you imagine how much dependent we are on the trees for our very survival!
- Besides food the trees also provide raw materials for our flourishing industries, which provide employment to so many people.
- In fact all our basic necessities, that is air, water, food, clothing and shelter come directly or indirectly from trees.
- We thus owe our very existence to the 'Trees.'
“What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
short, simple yet powerful message, source: You tube
If The Trees Could Speak----!
If the trees could speak, they would probably speak the following things:
- It would say, 'ouch!', if one of us poked a pin into the leaves on one of its branches.
- It would scream with pain, if we cruelly break one of its twigs or branches.
- Its flowers would gasp piteously if we plucked them off, to decorate our rooms or to gift them to someone in bouquets.
- Its leaves would suffer from pain, if the smoke from the nearby chemical factory were to blow continuously across it.
- The trees might shock us by complaining that its most bitter enemy is---man!
- They might relate to us the countless murders of many trees by man.
- They would discuss fiercely man's thoughtlessness in uprooting trees so that he might build tall buildings and other modern ways for his comfort.
- They might curse us--the humans for not being judicious enough in utilizing the gifts of Nature.
“A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. ”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Trees Have Life And They Are Generous:
♣ It is a proven fact that trees have life just as humans and animals.
♣ We do utilize their benefits and they do maintain balance in Nature.
♣ If they could speak, they would also express their pleasures and pain.
♣ They could talk about the coming and going of seasons, which season is comfortable to them and which creates troubles for them or their survival.
♣ Tree trunks might tell about their age, how long they have been there. Whom they have seen.
♣ Many people believe that trees are like our forefathers or grandparents. You can experience comfort by touching them or hugging them in times of distress.
♣ Trees are so generous to provide us food, fruits, vegetables and they are the reason for our survival.
♣ Not only that the wood from trees is used for construction as raw materials, for making ships, railway carriages, for fuel and for so many other things. The list is endless.
♣ We get cotton from cotton plants, wood pulp to make paper, tea, coffee, spices, rubber, oil from oil seeds, soap materials, cosmetics and so many products.
Earth song, by Michael Jackson, source: You tube
Trees Maintain Balance In Nature:
- Trees keep the environment clean.
- They take away the harmful Carbon dioxide from the air and supply the atmosphere with precious life sustaining Oxygen.
- They reduce air pollution.
- Forests are so essential. because they retain humidity and attract rains.
- There will be no rain if there are no trees.
- Trees check strong currents of wind and water and thus prevent soil erosion.
- In this way they help to preserve soil fertility.
- They also hold the soil together and thus prevent the fury of floods.
- Roots of trees keep the water below the soil.
- Forests provide shelter to innumerable number of birds, animals and insects, thus maintaining the ecological balance of nature.
- If we keep on cutting the trees indiscriminately, there would be no rain and the vast lands may turn into deserts.
- Mankind would perish for want of food, drinking water, fresh air and sufficient humidity.
What Must Be Done To Save Trees!!
It is a wake up call for all humanity.
Please be grateful to the trees for their contribution in our very existence.
Our prime and urgent duty should be to conserve existing trees and plant and grow more trees.
The reckless felling of trees and the destruction of forests should be made a crime punishable under law with utmost severity.
Schemes of afforestation should be undertaken on a war footing and carried out for the very survival of mankind on this planet.
© Chitrangada Sharan 16th Sept. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Tips on how to plant a tree! source: You tube
I take care of the trees and therefore the environment-----
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan