- Politics and Social Issues
Silent Toxicity: Methods of Destruction
Medicine Designed to "Cure" Can Kill
There are a few things I want to address here, namely the systems in this country that are engineered to keep us overweight and over-stimulated and sick and poor.
Let's begin with the pharmaceutical industry. Prescription drug abuse is now one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Drug overdose death kills more people than car accidents, and the drugs with the highest percentage of overdose are prescription drugs. That's right, the legal ones.
FDA Commissioner Statement on Drug Deaths, from April 3, 2014, as follows:
Tragically, the most recent data shows that more than 16,000 lives are lost each year due to opioid-related overdoses. In fact, drug overdose deaths, driven largely by prescription drug overdose deaths, are now the leading cause of injury death in the United States – surpassing motor vehicle crashes.
Opioids are likely to lead a person to heroin addiction, because herion is cheaper and more readily available to addicts than prescription drugs, which require paperwork and cost more.
Prescription drug abuse and heroin addiction are on the rise in Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Iowa, Oklahoma, Utah, Colorado, Minnesota, Washington, California, Texas--in almost every state in our nation.
Prescription Drugs Now Kill More People than Motor Vehicle Crashes
- CDC - Prescription Painkiller Overdoses | Vital Signs
CDC Vital Signs. About 18 women die every day of a prescription painkiller overdose in the US, more than 6,600 deaths in 2010. Prescription painkiller overdoses are an under-recognized and growing problem for women.
- CDC - Facts - Drug Overdose - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center
Drug overdose was the leading cause of injury death in 2012. Among people 25 to 64 years old, drug overdose caused more deaths than motor vehicle traffic crashes.
No Cannabis for You
People spend so much time attacking marijuana, which is pointless. Cannabis is a useful medicine with a number of healing properties. It is in direct competition with the poisons that prescription manufacturers feed us, which is why the pharmaceutical industry is the top lobbyist on Capitol Hill. The industry has invested billions to oppose legalization of marijuana. Seriously. Look it up. Cannabinoids, the active chemicals in marijuana occur naturally in the human brain.
I bet you didn’t know that.
The pharmaceutical industry cannot successfully manufacture cannabinoids the same way they are produced by the plant. They’ve tried. They’ve failed.
I bet you didn’t know that either.
In a 12-year period, the pharmaceutical industry spent almost $10 billion opposing the legalization of marijuana.
Americans trust these drugs to heal or to help balance their minds and bodies, when instead the companies are invested in drug development for disease maintenance not prevention.
Obviously if you are intoxicated, you have a slower response rate, so smoking pot and then driving increases risk of an accident. Accidents endanger people and could cause death.
The same thing is true of alcohol and prescription drugs, both of which are legal and far more dangerous, since they can poison a person and kill, not through some secondary effect like a car accident, but directly by poisoning a person.
Is Marijuana Dangerous?
- Marijuana use and long-term mortality among survivors of acute myoc... - PubMed - NCBI
"There was no statistically significant association between marijuana use and mortality." Those with myocardial infarction who were heavy marijuana users had a higher percentage of death (29%).
Natural medicine is much more attractive
Speaking of Weed, Weedkillers are NOT Harmless
In order to make sure we have diseases to treat, the American food system feeds us poison. This country is engineered to keep us "fat, sick, and nearly dead" to borrow a phrase from a documentary of the same name.
Most of our produce is contaminated with herbicidal poisons. Even the organic stuff sometimes catches chemical drift. It is legal for us to eat GMO crops.
But what are GMOs?
Genetically Modified Organisms, or GMOs, are crops engineered to be particularly resistant to strong doses of herbicides, herbicides that contain the same toxic chemicals that were in Agent Orange (and Agents White, Blue, Green, Brown, and Purple), the herbicides that were dumped by the millions of gallons on the jungles of Vietnam. The herbicides that poisoned millions of people including millions of Americans.
But herbicides are harmless, people will tell you.
That is a lie. Domestic herbicide samples tested by the EPA show that 2 in 8 samples contained the 2,3,7,8 tetrachlorodibenzo p-dioxin, or TCDD, the most dangerous of the dioxin family. TCDD is a useless toxic by-product produced during the synthesis of 2,4-D, the main chemical ingredient in RoundUp and a number of other herbicides.
GMO crops are bio-engineered to be resistant to this poison, so they can be repeatedly and heavily doused with herbicide and survive.
Why are GMOs bad?
That by-product I mentioned? TCDD? It is one of the most toxic chemicals known to man.
Worse than arsenic. Worse than drinking bleach, although the effects are not immediately apparent. It is insidious, toxic at a cellular level and after exposure, subsequent generations can be affected, meaning the children and grandchildren of Vietnam veterans can be born with physical and mental birth defects because of the veteran's exposure. Every single veteran who was in Vietnam or on an inland waterway of Vietnam was exposed, not to mention the millions of Vietnamese natives.
Under the section titled "Humans," an article titled 2,4-D Technical Fact Sheet at the National Pesticide Information Center online states: Other work examining incidents of exposure to 2,4-D without simultaneous exposure to 2,4,5-T has found some association between 2,4-D and non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website acknowledges a connection between TCDD exposure and twelve different forms of cancer, as well as multiple skin conditions, heart ischemia (heart disease), and ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).
It is not legal to use GMOs for human consumption in the U.K. and not even some third-world nations will feed GMO crops to their citizens.
Ladies, Even Your Sanitary Products Could Be Slowly Poisoning You
Pesticides contaminate much of our food or products across the spectrum from produce to paper to tampons. Now this seems like a pretty abstract concept. The idea is not pleasant, obviously, but it doesn't communicate dire circumstances.
More than 80 percent of the cotton crops in Texas are GMO crops. Meaning that cotton is doused with chemicals containing that silent killer, TCDD. They use that cotton to make everything from clothing to diapers and tampons.
So What if I Don't Believe the Hype? You SHOULD.
GMO crop-based foods and hormones used in livestock could result in food allergies, foster development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, infiltrate the human body and cause disease, as well as lead to higher plant toxicity (toxins naturally produced by plants occur at such low percentage that they do not affect us, but genetic modification of the plant can cause increased levels of toxicity) and have lower nutritional value than crops that are not bio-engineered.
Even more serious concerns are detailed on the Institute for Responsible Technology's website in an article titled, "10 Reasons to Avoid GMOs." In that article is a wealth of information. I have bullet-pointed the highlights below.
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) urges doctors to prescribe non-GMO diets for all patients. Human studies show how genetically modified (GM) food can leave material behind inside us, possibly causing long-term problems. Genes inserted into GM soy, for example, can transfer into the DNA of bacteria living inside us, and that the toxic insecticide produced by GM corn was found in the blood of pregnant women and their unborn fetuses.
- Numerous health problems increased after GMOs were introduced in 1996. The percentage of Americans with three or more chronic illnesses jumped from 7% to 13% in just 9 years; food allergies skyrocketed, and disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, digestive problems, and others are on the rise.
- The American Public Health Association and American Nurses Association are among many medical groups that condemn the use of GM bovine growth hormone, because the milk from treated cows has more of the hormone IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1)―which is linked to cancer.
- GMOs contaminate―forever--GMOS pollinate and their seeds can travel....GMO contamination has also caused economic losses for organic and non-GMO farmers who often struggle to keep their crops pure.
- Between 1996 and 2008, US farmers sprayed an extra 383 million pounds of herbicide on GMOs. Overuse of Roundup results in "superweeds," resistant to the herbicide. This is causing farmers to use even more toxic herbicides every year. Not only does this create environmental harm, GM foods contain higher residues of toxic herbicides. Roundup, for example, is linked with sterility, hormone disruption, birth defects, and cancer.
10 Reasons to Avoid GMOs
More Reasons to Avoid GMOs
- Genetic engineering creates dangerous side effects--By mixing genes from totally unrelated species, genetic engineering unleashes a host of unpredictable side effects. Moreover, irrespective of the type of genes that are inserted, the very process of creating a GM plant can result in massive collateral damage that produces new toxins, allergens, carcinogens, and nutritional deficiencies.
- Government oversight is dangerously lax--The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), for example, doesn't require a single safety study, does not mandate labeling of GMOs, and allows companies to put their GM foods onto the market without even notifying the agency....Secret agency memos made public by a lawsuit show that the overwhelming consensus even among the FDA's own scientists was that GMOs can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects. They urged long-term safety studies. But the White House had instructed the FDA to promote biotechnology, and the agency official in charge of policy was Michael Taylor, Monsanto's former attorney, later their vice president. He's now the US Food Safety Czar.
- The biotech industry uses "tobacco science" to claim product safety--Biotech companies like Monsanto told us that Agent Orange, PCBs, and DDT were safe. ...Independent scientists, however, have caught the spin-masters red-handed, demonstrating without doubt how industry-funded research is designed to avoid finding problems, and how adverse findings are distorted or denied.
- Independent research and reporting is attacked and suppressed--Scientists who discover problems with GMOs have been attacked, gagged, fired, threatened, and denied funding. The journal Nature acknowledged that a "large block of scientists . . . denigrate research by other legitimate scientists in a knee-jerk, partisan, emotional way that is not helpful in advancing knowledge." Attempts by media to expose problems are also often censored.
- GMOs harm the environment--GM crops and their associated herbicides can harm birds, insects, amphibians, marine ecosystems, and soil organisms. They reduce bio-diversity, pollute water resources, and are unsustainable. For example, GM crops are eliminating habitat for monarch butterflies, whose populations are down 50% in the US. Roundup herbicide has been shown to cause birth defects in amphibians, embryonic deaths and endocrine disruptions, and organ damage in animals even at very low doses. GM canola has been found growing wild in North Dakota and California, threatening to pass on its herbicide tolerant genes on to weeds.
- GMOs do not increase yields, and work against feeding a hungry world--Whereas sustainable non-GMO agricultural methods used in developing countries have conclusively resulted in yield increases of 79% and higher, GMOs do not, on average, increase yields at all. This was evident in the Union of Concerned Scientists' 2009 report Failure to Yield―the definitive study to date on GM crops and yield.
- The International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science and Technology for Development (IAASTD) report, authored by more than 400 scientists and backed by 58 governments, stated that GM crop yields were "highly variable" and in some cases, "yields declined." The report noted, "Assessment of the technology lags behind its development, information is anecdotal and contradictory, and uncertainty about possible benefits and damage is unavoidable." They determined that the current GMOs have nothing to offer the goals of reducing hunger and poverty, improving nutrition, health and rural livelihoods, and facilitating social and environmental sustainability.
- By avoiding GMOs, you contribute to the coming tipping point of consumer rejection, forcing them out of our food supply--Because GMOs give no consumer benefits, if even a small percentage of us start rejecting brands that contain them, GM ingredients will become a marketing liability. Food companies will kick them out. In Europe, for example, the tipping point was achieved in 1999, just after a high profile GMO safety scandal hit the papers and alerted citizens to the potential dangers. In the US, a consumer rebellion against GM bovine growth hormone has also reached a tipping point, kicked the cow drug out of dairy products by Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Dannon, Yoplait, and most of America's dairies.
- The Campaign for Healthier Eating in America is designed to achieve a tipping point against GMOs in the US. The number of non-GMO shoppers needed is probably just 5% of the population.
Why "Diet" is a Synonym for "Poison"
Another silent killer is aspartame. That's that sweetener that has infiltrated much of the food and drink industry here in the U.S. and abroad.
A quick summary of how it became legal: in the early 1980s, Searle--the company that owned the patent on aspartame--was absorbed into the Monsanto corporation (the awesome company that produces much of the dioxin-contaminated herbicide I was just discussing).
In 1980, a board of scientists who tested aspartame in animal studies unanimously agreed that aspartame was "unfit for human consumption" because studies indicated it "might cause brain tumors." It did just that, in the majority of the rats to fed it to.
This did not phase Monsanto. They knew just who to pay to fix that issue.
The Chairman of Searle was Donald Rumsfeld, who just so happened to be buddies with the President, Ronald Reagan. The year after those scientists stated aspartame should not be used in food meant for humans, Rumsfeld worked for Reagan for his 1981 move into the White House. At the time, he was still serving as CEO of Searle.
The FDA commissioner in place when Reagan took power had ruled that aspartame could not be approved by the FDA based on the scientific trials.
Lucky for Rumsfeld and Searle (and Monsanto) Reagan's advisors chose a new FDA commissioner to accompany the new administration. The day after Reagan took office, he enacted legislation to allow for re-application and approval of aspartame as a food additive.
Monsanto = The Enemy Over Us
Dangers and Side Effects of Artificial Sweeteners
Eating Healthy is Expensive, But Health Care Costs Even More
As for the food that's healthy, it is very expensive. Organic food costs more.
There is a very simple reason for that: the supply/demand ratio.
The more people who purchase an item, the less it costs.
That is why Wal-Mart can afford lower prices while mom-and-pop shops have to charge more. The make fewer sales, so the sales they do make need to be worth more.
GMOs are prolific. They comprise 80-90 percent of our major crops (corn, soy, cotton, wheat). As a result, they are cheaper for food companies to purchase.
Aspartame is an ingredient in nearly every type of candy and gum as well as artificial sweeteners and diet options. Anything that advertises "no sugar!" has that sneaky poison ingredient. It's inexpensive for companies to use it because it is abundant and used widely.
Organic food is affordable only for the rich, but for the rapidly diminishing middle class and the vast population of poor, it just is not an accessible option. The rest of the food, most of it, is chock full of poisons, gluten, and corn syrup (also made from GMO crops).
The answer to this, people, is to take back the control of your own nation. Supply and demand dictates what is available. If you purchase organic or healthy food, at least some of the time, or better yet, grow your own, you are sending a message to the system.
Only FIVE PERCENT of the nation has to insist on NON-GMO food in order to effect a change on a broad scale. That means about 18.5 million people need to demand a change in their food--a change for the health of their parents, their children, and their selves.
You may think you're saving money. But when your child is diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes or you develop cancer, are you saving money then? No. The system that is engineered to make us sick and keep us that way will make tens of thousands of dollars off of just one person who suffers from a chronic or terminal disease caused by the very stuff they tell us is safe to put into our bodies.
We are the only ones who will be able to heal our nation and fix these broken and diseased systems.
Change Your Habits
Are you willing to pay more now to avoid health costs later?
Those who benefit most from it are hardly likely to be ones who desire to change it, and THAT is the truth
You might be asking yourself, is this really something I need to worry about? Won't it eventually change on its own? Do I really need to make a change before the change occurs anyway on a broad scale?
The answers to those questions are YES, you do, NO it won't, and UNEQUIVOCALLY ABSOLUTELY YES, if you care about your health, your family and your nation.
Do you think the National "Food Safety Czar" (the former VICE PRESIDENT OF MONSANTO!!) will really change this system? He gets lots of money from this system. Anyone and everyone involved in producing RoundUp, aspartame, GMO crops (including massive conglomerates like Bayer and Monsanto)--they are not going to push for changes that cut into their earnings.
Do you think their own families eat the same shit they feed everyone else? You can bet that they don't, just as the members of Congress don't fight the wars they decide to start.
It is the majority of the nation that bears the burden and pays the price.
Food Inc., a documentary
How Could They---Oooo, LOOK! A New IPhone!!
Probably one of the greatest feats that the government and media machine have accomplished is convincing us NOT TO PAY ATTENTION.
The people who write about the truth are hushed, ridiculed, discounted and disregarded as "conspiracy theorists," a phrase that the system has programmed you to believe equates to "bat-shit crazy."
The system distracts you from real concerns with reality T.V. and shiny new gadgets. How will you have time to research what your children are eating when America's Got Talent is on for 1-2 hours a night for the next three nights?!? How could you spend time watching a documentary about prescription drug deaths when you're too busy watching the most recent YouTube videos of girls twerking or reading celebrity gossip about the Kardashian family or watching that new reality show featuring the sons of the Duck Dynasty family (I have no idea if this show exists or not, but it will, I bet)?!?
It's too depressing! Reality is too depressing. That's something I hear a lot of. "Yeah, I know it's true, but I am too broke to change my lifestyle and too tired to expend energy trying to raise awareness. I'd rather just drink my soda and eat my poison food and text on my iPhone and pass out watching "Real Housewives." And that, dear readers, is what is wrong with this country. That apathy and laziness and total disregard for the future allows us to get paid less than we are worth, have no affordable health care and be spoon-fed poison. The same people that won't spend an extra $25 on groceries are willing to spend $600 on a brand-new Galaxy phone. Those who don't want to spend time watching a documentary will spend 2-3 hours a day on Farmville or watching "Honey Boo Boo."
And if you are one of those people, you are part of the problem. You might as well work for Monsanto.