President Vladimir Putin's Political Career
Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
Born in October of 1952 in Leningrad, Russia, which is now St. Petersburg, Vladimir Putin was raised by his parents in an apartment. President Putin was married to Lyudmila Putina from 1983 until 2014. They have one daughter.
- He attended local schools, graduated, then went to the Leningrad State University.
- His law degree, which he earned in 1975, gave him the knowledge to serve as a member of the intelligence for the KGB.
- Vladimir Putin was a member of the communist party from 1975 until 1991.
- In 1995 he became a member of the Independent Party.
- In 2011 he joined the People's Front. He continues belongs to the People's Front.
Vladimir Putin and President Trump
Putin was located in Eastern Germany when he worked for the KGB. He retired in 1991 and began working for Anatoly Sobchak who was a politician. Putin served as his advisor.
In 1994 he was appointed by Sobchak as his first deputy mayor.
By 1998 Yeltsin was President of Russia and Putin became his deputy head of management.
The following year Putin was appointed Prime Minister in Russia under President Yeltsin.
- President Putin's first appointment as Prime Minister began in 1999 although this was short lived when President Yeltsin resigned.
- Vladimir Putin was voted in as the new President of Russia.
- Reelected, President Putin began a new 4 year term, however, because of new laws, he could not be reelected in 2008. Instead, he was once again appointed Russia's Prime Minister.
- Four years later, Putin was elected President and continues to be so today.
Vladamir is Sworn in as President of Russia
President Vladimir Putin's Accomplishments
Since becoming President of Russia, Vladimir Putin has accomplished a few tasks that were on his list of duties. They include:
- Lowering the crime rate in Russia
- Russia's international relationships have improved
- Their military capabilities have also improved
- The war with Chechnya ended
- He created a national welfare fund for the poor
- Under his administration the state's debt has decreased