- Politics and Social Issues
What is wrong with the US decision to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem?
4 months later the issue of moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem is a NO issue
As hot as the issue of moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem was in December of 2017, Today on April 19, 2018 it is cold as liquid nitrogen. And for those of you that might not know how cold is liquid nitrogen, it is a brrrrr (-346°F and -320.44°F).
It appears like so many of the political issues railed upon by the democrats, as only a reason to oppose anything that he does for the country.
The latest thing that the democrats are working against president Donald Trump is negotiating with North Korea. They are so worried that he might be successful that right now All the democrats that need to vote in Mike Pompeo as US Secretary of State are voting NO on him.
Over Easter he went to North Korea to talk about a meeting with Trump.
The Democrats are doing everything to try and get president Trump to fail, but in the course of their actions, or mostly inaction they are hurting the country and the people
Is that the democrat political platform that you want to vote more democrats into congress in the 2018 election?
What kind of platform is we hate Trump, and that was the platform that lost Hillary the presidency.
Should the United Nations be able to force the Sovereign Country of the United States of America to not move their Embassy to Jerusalem.
There are some Americans today that seem to agree with the United Nations on their resolution to force the United States to leave the United States Embassy in Tel Aviv.
It is obvious that these Americans are either unaware that the United State 104th Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 on October 23, 1995.
- This law would start and provide the funds to move the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from its existing site in Tel Aviv.
- The time frame for this move was by or before May 31, 1999.
- The congress even attempted withholding funds for the Acquisition and Maintenance of buildings abroad until the Jerusalem move was completed and opened officially.
- .Jerusalem was to be known as the State of Israel's Capital and remain an undivided city.
- This would recognize Jerusalem internationally as Israel capital even though it has always been its capital.
If you look at the vote by the US Congress on this act, it shows that the congress was greatly in favor of the move to Jerusalem.
The law was passed with the following votes
- The US Senate (93-5)
- The US House (374-37)
When other than a result of 911 have we seen the United States Congress have both the democrat and republican parties agree on anything with these numbers?
While the Congress was doing its bipartisan job in passing this law, the presidents didn't do their job and implementing the act.
- President Bill Clinton didn't implement it.
- President George W Bush didn't implement it.
- President Barack Hussein Obama didn't implement it.
In June of 2017, President Donald Trump did sign the waiver and announced on December 6, 2017 that the United States would recognize that Israel's Capital is Jerusalem.
The United Nations Votes against the United States moving the capital of Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalme
The United Nations would be defunct without the money and support given to it by the United States since it was created Condemns the United States decision to move the United States Embassy to Jerusalem.
Many of the people on HP that agreed with the United Nations condemnation seem to be against it because of president Donald Trump.
- It is apparent that these people are forgetting about the 1995 US Congressional Act to do this very same thing, or they just don't know about it. A third possibility is that they are just those people that will say NO to anything that president Trump does>
The UN vote on stopping the Sovereign Country of the United States of America from moving its Embassy to Jerusalem is as follows:
- 128 countries voted For the resolution
- 9 countries voted NO
- 35 countries voted to Abstain
One of the things that this vote tells the United States, and the American People is what we all thought for many decades that the United Nations never has worked as a peace keeping world organization.
- It also tells us who are friends of the United States and who are not friends of the United States but will still Demand or Beg for the help of the United States.
- It further tells us that we should stop paying for the United Nations.
- How did the United Nations actually help the world? You have the major countries like China and Russia that will oppose any sanctions against themselves of countries they support.
- In that sense, the United Nations is about as useful as the gridlocked Congress of the United States.
This 1995 Act was one of the few times in United States History that the two diametrically opposed parties of the democrats and republicans actually agreed on something. Their votes should they were really in favor of the act.
- And now the United Nations is going to tell the Sovereign United States where they can or cannot put their Embassy goes way beyond ridiculous and absurd.
NIkki Haley the United States Ambassador to the United Nations said.
- "We will remember it when we are called upon to once again make the world's largest contribution" to the UN and
- when other member nations ask Washington "to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit."
We the people of the United States have been disrespected by one hundred and twenty eight countries in the United Nations.
- This is a big example of " No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".
- The irony is that these countries have had their hands out to the United Nations which when it comes down to it, is funded by the United States for the most part.
- We have lost all confidence in the judgement of anti Trumpers, and the left in general. They apparently want to United States to not only fail within its own country, but now they want the United States to fail in front of the whole world.
How would you feel if the US Federal Government told your state where they could put their capital?
Or even worse, how would you feel if some foreign country told the United States where they could or couldn't put their capital?
What has the United Nations done about Global Terrorism? What have they done about countries like Iran, North Korea, and other countries that have been involved in so many wars?
- Shouldn't those decisions be a priority rather than trying to tell the United States where to put its Embassy. There is no other change to Jerusalem by this Embassy Move.