Can We Live in a World Without Crime? Is It Possible?
We all carry keys, right? When was the last time you locked your home or car? Or in-putted passwords to stop someone from hacking into our accounts? We have to always keep an eye on our belongings such as bags, phone, and of course, keys? But that's nothing as to how crime affects us. We pay extra on a daily basis because of theft. As a result, prices are higher, and insurance premiums inflated.
Table Of Contents
How Crime Affects Us - Everyday
Video: War - What Is It Good For?
If there was no crime.
Who is to blame?
What is the answer?
Video. Stealing Penguins.
Criminal Nature - The Animals.
Video: John Lennon - Imagine.
Imagine a world where everyone was law-abiding citizens.
Video: Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World.
Poll. Would you like to bring back capital punishment?
How Crime Affects Us - Everyday
There are thousands of ways fraudsters and tricksters scam us, sometimes for years without us ever knowing! Being scammed or robbed can be devastating, especially when the loss of sentimental items are stolen, and where lives are ruined by mindless criminals.
Friends, family, cleaners, the nanny and even strangers will steal our personal belongings. Some are milkers, stealing small amounts of money from our wallets and purses for years. Shop workers deliberately over-changing or short-changing us. Employees 'and' criminals alike stealing stock from retail shops, ruining and in some cases, bankrupting businesses which in turn, makes the things we buy cost even more. Then there are white-collar criminals who are worth billions who still feel the need to steal millions.
The Internet fraudsters who sit at home scamming us. They steal our identities. When online, we need passwords to keep us safe, including anti-virus spyware and firewalls. It's absurd, and all because of greedy criminals.
Then there's the fraudsters who will sell us fake, dangerous products without any care of our health or safety, just to line there never ending greedy pockets.
Terrorism - The World's Biggest Threat
The worst kind of criminals are terrorists, aka cold-blooded killers who destroys peoples lives on a daily basis. We're always being warned about the possible attacks that could happen any time. We cannot fly to another country without invasive security checks, intrusive X-Rays and searches - limits and restrictions as to what we can and cannot carry through customs - having our personal property searched and scanned for explosives or dangerous weapons and it's not getting any easier.
The Police who risk their lives each day to protect us has had their numbers reduced over the years which is bizarre because, In this day and age, we need the police, even more, to help combat the rise of terrorism and all other serious crimes until a day comes where people can live a crime-free life.
War - What Is It Good For?
If there was no crime: What would happen to.
- The 10 plus million people presently imprisoned worldwide in the thousands of prisons and related institutions?
- What would happen to all the guards and personnel that work in them now do for work? Will there be enough work elsewhere for everyone?
- What would happen to the manufacturers and businesses that produce concrete, iron, steel, locks, alarms and CCTV for security purposes? Would they suffer?
- What would happen to the employment figures, the economy? I think It's too impossible for anyone to fully comprehend how life would be without any crime.
Who is to blame for all the criminal behaviour we see today?
What is the answer? Is it really possible to live in a world without crime?
- We've had crime and wars for centuries, so how did mankind become so unkind, and continue to be so? That's the billion dollar question.
- When did humans first experience guilt? or have we evolved and acquired a conscious and knowing right from wrong?
- What's the solution? Harsher sentences? Capital punishment? Better education? More economic fairness or just more security?
- Could sophisticated technology be used to deter crime before it ever happens? Only time will tell.
- Could scientists discover the part of the brain that is responsible for someone's badness and evil, and could the courts be authorised to have it removed for persistent offenders? - could their DNA be rewired? So many questions and not enough answers. I doubt anyone truly has them
- Is it the parents who lack the discipline to blame, or does the responsibility lie with their children? Should schools, politicians and the police be more active and responsibility?
- I know the glamorisation and glorification of gangsters and criminals in movies and songs does not help! Or the violence in computer games?
Criminal Nature - The Animals
It's not just humans that are dishonest. In the animal kingdom has many prolific criminals. Penguins, (video below) will steal knowing full well they are doing something wrong. The great Frigatebird and Gulls chases other sea-birds and steal their food. Squirrels are extremely skilful, they knowingly steal seeds and nuts from their squirrel neighbours. Some species of monkeys use human-like behaviour to steal anything and everything they can get their hands on.
John Lennon - Imagine
Imagine a world where everyone was law-abiding citizens
If there were no thieves, no fraudsters, no sexual or violent attacks, no robbers, no terrorists, no murderers. Yes, that sounds magnificent. In such a world, there would be no need for the Police, Army, Airforce, Navy or any other of the hundreds and thousands of establishments relating to war and crime. No need for security agencies like MI5, MI6 the FBI. No magistrates and Crown courts, prisons or police stations, No security guards at our airports, businesses and borders.
Imagine a world where there are no assaults, neither physical nor verbal, neither sexual nor emotional. What if there was a world where our kids could play freely and safely. The elderly and vulnerable would have nothing to fear. Imagine a world without greed, people content in working hard for a living without being so materialistic and greedy, and always wanting bigger and better. A world without hate, where there's only kindness and love, where children are well protected and where countries can all get along.
Where there is no war, no poverty. A world where people don't have to suffer at the hands of the wicked, Where there are no victims ever. No people lying and dying unnecessarily and where nature alone has the right to take a life. Imagine that!
If the majority of people and society can live a crime-free life, why can't everyone? Personally, I find it impossible to comprehend a world without crime but, if it were to come about, what a wonderful, beautiful and richer world this would be...right !?
Video: Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
In your opinion, will crime get better or worse?
© 2012 Tony T