Where are Our Children? America's Missing and Murdered Children
More and more children go missing each and every day. This is a sure sign that this is not simply a "problem" but an actual "epidemic".
There is nothing more important in our lives or in our future than the children of yesterday, today and tomorrow. So when they vanish it affects not only the here and now of their families but the future of everyone.
Missing Children Statistics
During 2009, 719,558 missing person records were entered into NCIC - according to the FBI's NCIC site..
Below you will find a link to several missing children statistics including that of the NCIC. If you check out the sites I hope that you are surprised and disgusted by the hundreds of thousands of children a year that are labeled as a runaway. Now the reason I say that and what you should know is that if there is no "obvious" signs of abduction and the child is in the right "age bracket" as determined by someone(s) of authority (who should have the "right" to assume this?) that child can simply be labeled a runaway in most places- case closed until further information or circumstances arise. Seems like a free ride for a pedophile or other child predator to me.
Outside of those children who have been both rightly and wrongly labeled as a runaway you will see thousands of children who actually are unfortunate enough to gain the label as "missing" or "abducted" . Had these lists showed merely 1 child that would be one child too many and should incite anger and action worldwide. The fact that there is more - a lot more - children taken and abused day after day should have every non-predator up in arms and fighting for the rights and protection of our children.
- Missing Children - Missing Child Statistics
- FBI NCIC Missing Person and Unidentified Person Statistics for 2009
Here you can find the "statistics" for missing children as compiled by FBI and/or authorized agencies.
Just a Few of Our Precious Angels Murdered at the Hands of Others
More Hubs on Missing Children
- Forgotten - Missing Children
"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt As Americans we tend to feel a little comfortable reading a story of thousands of children...
- Where are the missing children ?Where are the kids?
Most of us would have heard of and been upset about the disapearence of Madeleine missing from her family's holiday apartment in the seaside resort of Praia da Luz. It upset people worldwide how a beautiful...
- Missing Children Statistics
Child abductions and runaways sadly happen a lot more often in the USA than you may think or what the media portrays. If you turn on your news station you might hear about the latest child missing in your...
Can you see a Major Problem?
- In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.
- In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.
- Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.
- Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
- The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.
- In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.
- In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours