- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
Why I'm Voting for Texas Congressman Ron Paul in the 2012 Presidential Election
Who is Ron Paul?
12 term Texas Congressman, Ron Paul, is a true champion of the Constitution. He is a Christian, doctor, politician and a family man. Unlike most politicians, however, Dr. Paul is an honest man.
Ron Paul was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Gettysburg College, before getting his Ph.D. from Duke University School of Medicine.
In 1963, Ron Paul was drafted into the U.S. Airforce. He proudly served America as a flight surgeon for 4 years.
After moving to Texas in 1968, Dr. Paul began his own medical practice in Brazoria County. Dr. Paul is a specialist in obstetrics/gynecology, and has delivered more than 4,000 babies.
Ron Paul and his wife Carol, who reside in Lake Jackson, Texas, are the proud parents of 5 children and have 17 grandchildren.
Ron Paul joined congress in the 1970's when the dollar was completely delinked from gold, because he feared that this new monetary policy would usher in decades of reckless spending, debt, and inflation.
Dr. Paul was right. We have not once had a balanced budget in over 40 years since the removal of the gold standard.
A Must See Video
Ron Paul on Foreign Policy
Ron Paul on Economics
Why vote for Ron Paul?
- Ron Paul has been warning us about the destructive path that the nation was going down for over 30 years.
- He has been a strong advocate for sound monetary policy, and an outspoken critic of the inflationary measures of the Federal Reserve.
- While the other Presidential candidates were napping through Economics 101, Ron Paul was writing books on Austrian Economics.
- He is the only candidate with a serious plan to turn the economy around.
- Ron Paul will cut over 1 trillion dollars in federal spending in just the first year.
- He will have a balanced national budget (and possibly a surplus) by his third year in office.
- Ron Paul will end the failed and costly (over 400 billion dollars) "War on Drugs."
- He wants to get rid of the income tax and the IRS completely, and replace them with NOTHING.
- He wants to bring our troops home from all over the world, and stop nation building altogether.
- He wants to lower the corporate tax and regulations to make America more competitive in the market.
- He will repeal the Federal healthcare mandate. Meaning we will not be hit will penalties if we cannot afford healthcare.
- He is for small government, and giving the States their rights and money back according to the Constitution.
- He voted against the unconstitutional war in Iraq and the unpatriotic "Patriot Act."
- Ron Paul wants to provide young people with a way to opt out of the insolvent Social Security system.
Mr. Consistent - Ron Paul
Ron Paul is the first serious presidential candidate we've had in a long time. That's why he has such a grassroots following.
If you are unfamiliar with his stances, please take some time and inform yourself.
This man is the first politician since JFK to have our best interest in mind. He knows how to get the country back on track, and he strikes fear into the hearts of the status quo.
That's why he has mostly been ignored by the mainstream media, although it is no doubt becoming increasingly more difficult for them to ignore the man.
We are the richest nation in the world, and yet our middle class is shrinking every day. Our government is borrowing over three billion dollars every day just to pay its obligations.
We cannot allow the government to keep spending so much. We simply can't afford it. Every great nation has fallen due to economic ruin, and we're heading down that road.
Ron Paul wants to make 1 trillion dollars in budget cuts the first year, and balance the budget (and possibly create a surplus) by his third year as President.
No other candidate has a plan that even comes close to what Dr. Paul is proposing. The other candidates are projecting 10 to 15 years for recovery, because none of the other candidates are serious about cutting spending.
Come on America... we proved that we weren't racist by electing Barack Obama. Now let's prove we're not retarded by electing Ron Paul.
Help us restore the country to its former glory and beyond. Elect a man who can affect real change in our country for the better.
What can I do?
Ron Paul is competing right now in the Republican GOP primary election.
Find out when the primary elections are being held in your state and district, and vote.
Visit: elections.mytimetovote.com to find out when to vote in your state. (The link defaults on Texas. Simply select your state from the drop down menu.)
Tell your friends about Ron Paul. Like him on facebook, and tweet his website or your favorite Youtube video.
Donate to his campaign if you can. It takes money to get the word out.
Make sure you are registered to vote, and vote for Ron Paul in the general election.
Don't fall for the negative propaganda. Corporate interests and the status quo are afraid of Ron Paul. Controlling the mainstream media as they do, they will use propaganda against him.