Why Did Hp Remove This Question?
July 14, 2018
Even though Hubpages merged the questions section into the forums, they still owe us an answer on the question I have posed in this article. An article which answers the question by not featuring this article.
The Question for Hubpages once again!
Does hp give contextual feedback for their flagging, termination and removal of a question, hub or hubber?
I put this hub under political and social issues
The reason is that it is a political content, and the removal of this question by the hub pages moderation team makes it a social issue.
Of course, it is hub pages website and they have every right to set the rules for what is written on their site.
- The rules are generic, ambiguous and vague.
- Their seems to be no objective standard why the hub pages moderation team unilaterally and without any reason given will take a question or even a hub and terminate it. This could and has been followed by the permanent ban of the hubber from hubpages.
- No warning or contextual informational message as to anything specific.
The question in the next text module for example speaks for itself, but there is nothing from hub pages as to any a broad reason as to why this question was terminated.
- In fact, no human looked at this question before it was flagged.
- One of the hub pages robots flagged this one as soon as I published it.
- Then again without any reason, the question has been terminated.
Once again the problem is not that hub pages can't terminate a question, a hub or a hubber, but they should give the hubber a specific reason why they flagged it, terminated it or terminated the hubber.
- No one can intelligently question the reason why feedback is important
- Yet, hub pages doesn't seem to have feedback in the moderation team or their robots.
- How is the hubber supposed to know why their writing was rejected?
- Not giving feedback will just reinforce the possibility of it happening again.
- It wouldn't even be intentional because there is no knowledge of where are the bounds.
- I have seen many published questions and hubs that I find objectionable but hub pages doesn't have a problem. For example, there was a question recently and while the question was OK, the included picture was not in good taste.
- It was a cartoon of Putin and Trump naked.
- That was objectionable enough, but Putin was naked spooning Trump
- To make it worse, Trump was pregnant and had boobs.
Now compare that with my question that hub pages and the bot summarily flagged and then terminated.
- It mentions politicians from both political parties.
- There was no included photo.
- There was no descriptive text.
So what is the difference between these two questions.
- That one is summarily flagged and terminated while the other one goes unchallenged and it allowed to stay published?
I understand that you don't want to expose yourself to the hub pages moderation team
So I included a poll, so that your answer or comment would be not visible.
I also know that the poll capsules are not really used, or I should say ticked off. I don't know why, but that has been my experience.
As far as comments on this hub
- Don't make it personal
- Please use the information mentioned in the hub
- No lectures
- Be objective, helpful or at least use constructive criticism.
I am probably risking being banned by hp just for broaching this issue, or hp feedback.
I might add that the questions themselves on hubpages is not really robust.
- Some people have even criticized the use of the questions everyday.
- They even object to people writing the maximum number of questions in a day, which is only 5.
- The number of comments for the small number of questions that are available on a daily basis is proof that the hubpages viewing is low.
- Even though they show almost 200,000 questions, that must be a total. Just look at at small the number of questions appear in the latest filter for answers.
- Then look at how many of these questions go without comments.
What has happened to hubpages?
Why was this one removed after it had already been viewed by several people?
This question has been removed by the HubPages Moderation Team.
You have disabled ads on this question.
82 Unfollow (1)How long did it take to get 1000 ?s for Politics and Social Issues on hp? 1,000 of 14,600 total?
asked by bradmasterOCcal 2 months ago
how many days, or weeks, or months or ?
This question is closed to new answers.