- Politics and Social Issues»
- Middle East Political & Social Issues
Why is Iran a Threat When They have the Nuclear Weapon?
Why does the government of Iran hate America so much when their population does not? Iranians are some of the smartest people, they know their government is full of BS, and yet they are powerless unless something happens.
Iran will probably succeed in getting some nuclear, small, weapons. Remember, even a small one is horribly deststructive within the kill radius. Think of one exploding somewhere in or near NYC, SF, LA, Manhattan, Chicago, Miami. Not pretty.
Iran claims it is developing nuclear ambitions to produce electricity. With Iran now facing dire inflation and rationing, developing it is costing $1-2,000 per kilowatt when instead of $400 for gas. Iran has enough natural gas to last 270 yrs., and every year they produce more than used so they export it and its electricity via high tension wires. So, it does sound like an excuse.
An Iran with even a small nuclear device can suddenly do may other things it could not do before:
- Deter US intervention in the immediate area
- Threaten Europe or Middle East
- Counter the nuclear presence of Pakistan, India, Russia and US in the Persian Gulf
- Deter Israeli nuclear use or threaten it to produce compromise
- Greatly cause destruction within Israel
- Become the leader of the Islamic world that others fear
- Counter Saudi Arabia's close ties with the USA and threaten them
- Threaten the USA directly with a dirty bomb
That is why the West should do something in 2012 to dismantle for many years Iran's dream. let's not forget that it was Iran than used 100,000 children during the Iraq-Iran war in the 1980's to clear Iraq's minefields to allow its military to attack through. As the children ran across, even Iraqi soldiers were stunned and did not fire-they did not have to because the kids were exploding the mines in non man's land and becoming a "martyr" that Iran so cherishes.
If Iran is willing to use its own children to become sacrificial lambs for some political agenda, do you really think they would hesitate using the nuclear device?