- Politics and Social Issues»
- North America Political & Social Issues
Your Position On Torture
With the release of the Senate Torture Report, we are finding out the many ways the C.I.A. tortured detainees and possible terrorists.
There are concerns that violence may erupt because of this report.
Wrong or right, it is not at this point that my opinion will be given. Before that happens, we are going to take a look at some scenarios and what you may do.
It is through this exercise that many could possibly change their opinions on the torture subject.
Please don't assume my stand on torture until you have ventured completely through this hub. You may be very surprised when you come to the end.
Please answer every poll honestly. Don't worry, we are not tracking you. Just because you vote doesn't mean the frog has a drone flying over your home spying closer on you. The statistics are just for research reasons.
Thank you for your participation, now into the torture chamber:
You have a daughter who also has a child. Your grandchild is so precious and is only 1 year old.
You receive a note in your mailbox that a person has your daughter and grandchild as hostages. They want $100,000 from you in 24 hours. You have a good idea who may have done this. The last boyfriend of your daughter was an ex-con who had committed some serious crimes. You decide to hunt him down.
You find the creep in the local bar. You haul him out and take him to your garage. You give him a hamburger and ask him if he has seen your daughter. He looks away as he says no. You just feel he is lying. You pull your revolver and point it at him. You ask him again and he doesn't say anything.
If you killed him
Crazy dude; where do you go from here?
If you let him go
Wow, what now?
You tied him up
Here are some techniques you could use to get information on your daughter and grandchild's whereabouts:
- Abdominal Slap-Just for fear purposes. Using your backhand, you slap him in the abdomen until he answers your questions.
- Attention Grasp-You grab him by the shirt collar and pull him in close to scare him.
- The Facial Hold-You grab each side of his face squeezing so he can't move.
- The Facial Slap-You open hand slap him on the face.
Would you use any of these 4 techniques ?
He is showing signs
He starts crying some after you have scared him. He says he still wouldn't tell you if he did know.
Now your anger gets heavier. You just know he knows where they are. You could use:
- Cramped Confinement-Put him in the garage closet where it is dark, hot and there are spiders.
- Nudity-Make him stand nude while you heckle him.
- Walling-Slam him against the concrete wall a few times until he talks.
Would you use any of these 3 techniques at this point?
He is giving in
He thinks you will let off when he tells you,
"Yes, I know where your daughter and grandchild is. If you don't let me go, my partner will kill them."
Now that you now this @&&(*$! knows, you can either come up with the money or call the cops, but the odds of your daughter and grandchild are too great. Your years in the military has shown you some ideas that just may work. With one of these, he is bound to tell you where they are:
- Waterboarding-You tie him to a board and slant it slightly head down. You tie a towel over his face and slowly pour water on it. It will make him feel like he is drowning. He will talk.
- Water Dousing-You lay him down on a tarp and pull the tarp up creating a tub. You pour cold water on him until he talks.
- Ice Bath-Make him lie in a bathtub and pour ice on him. Yes, he will talk.
Do you use any of these after he said he knows where they are?
Everything you read above are methods the C.I.A. used against suspected terrorists.
They were able to retrieve information from some.
Was it right?
What do you think?
Was it right that the C.I.A. used these techniques.
Do you believe in God? Jesus?
I am wondering.
Are you a Christian?
Do you believe in a loving and merciful God?
Do you believe in torture for the good of the United States?
Well, I have some news for you:
You Cannot Follow Jesus and Support Torture of Any Kind
You just can't.
It doesn't flow together. There is a line. Supporting torture is crossing that line. While I am at it, I must say that supporting the death penalty is also crossing that line; and supporting abortion is also crossing that line.
Believe me, there are a few people that I would have loved to torture or give the death penalty or even be aborted, but who am I? Who are you? Who is Obama or George W. Bush? Who are any of us?
If we really consider the whole matter, we all deserve torture, death, and to be aborted. But God didn't....
How can we?
Think on that for awhile,
Yes, your opinions are welcome, but please be respectful.
While you are at it read this blog post by a Facebook Pastor friend of mine: Brian Zahnd.
© 2014 Greg Boudonck