My Esoteric profile image 89

Who was the author of the following quote? What relavance is it to you?

"Our polity does not copy the laws of neighboring states; we are rather a pattern to others than imitators ourselves. It is called a democracy, because not the few but the many govern. If we look to the laws, they afford equal justice to all in their private differences; if to social standing, advancement in public life falls to reputation for capacity, class considerations not being allowed to interfere with merit; nor again does poverty bar the way, if a man is able to serve the state, he is not hindered by the obscurity of his condition."

Doc Snow profile image96

Doc Snow says

My Esoteric profile image89

My Esoteric says

Iraqvet32 says

The Quiz Master profile image70

Warren (The Quiz Master) says