emichael profile image 79

What, in your opinion, is the current aim and purpose of the American criminal justice system?

Specifically incarceration and punishment. I am researching for a hub I have been working on and would like some feedback from you fine people. I need to know what the various preconceptions are. Talk about anything you like, but here are some questions that may help: What does it attempt to accomplish? What does it actually accomplish? Do they align? If not then why? How has it changed over the years? Is it resistant to change? Why? Etc... Specific examples are helpful, if you have them.

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97

Wesman Todd Shaw says

ZIa Ahmed khan profile image80

Dr. Zia Ahmed (ZIa Ahmed khan) says

someonewhoknows profile image75

someonewhoknows says

Valoric Fire says