My Esoteric profile image 87

What does the phrase "General Welfare" in the Constitution mean relative to the Individual American?

This is one of the sharpest dividing lines between Republicans, Independendts, and Democrats on the one side and Conservatives, Tea Partyers, and Libertarians on the other. For the former, their believe that it applies to the individual American, to a greater or lesser degree, is the foundation for the social legislation they support. For the latter, on the other hand, including Bourban Democrats like President Grover Cleveland of old, their is no linkage; it appears they only believe General Welfare applies at the National level. What do you think?

Rock_nj profile image91

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

My Esoteric profile image87

My Esoteric says

brages07 profile image61

brages07 says

Shahid Bukhari profile image60

Shahid Bukhari says