Julie Fletcher profile image 86

What is the most extreme thing you've done to be green?

We live in an area now where there is no trash collection. If it gets taken away, we truck it to a dump. We are careful with what gets thrown away and I'm trying to reuse everything possible. I've heard of really extreme green living, though - what's YOUR extreme green? Family cloth? Cloth feminine pads? Composting toilet? Please share - I'd love more ideas on how to stretch the life of everything we have AND reduce our eco-footprint.

zduckman profile image61

Best Answer zduckman says

• Julie Fletcher profile image

Julie Fletcher 5 years ago

Wow. That really is huge. It's very inspiring that you did that, so many municipalities will not allow removal of lawns. Silly law, I think, especially when someone can be creative and move native plants in like you did. Great answer!

• Julie Fletcher profile image

Julie Fletcher 5 years ago

No heat? How did you stay warm? Sleeping bag, blankets, or...? Thank you for sharing!

Rochelle Frank profile image87

Rochelle Frank says

• Julie Fletcher profile image

Julie Fletcher 5 years ago

I love cloth grocery bags. Do you use canvas or have you tried making your own? Thank you for your answer, you are right, it does take more thought to not throw away as much.