Vegas Elias profile image 28

Can we compare the deaths in colonial America to the Nazi holocaust?

I feel it is not fare to compare both these events. The deaths in colonial America were not monitored by a despot like Hitler. Both the red Indians and the colonizing powers have incurred casualties. It was war and not a holocaust. It is high time that informed people do not intentionally mislead the masses. The Europeans who had gone to the Americas were themselves victims of atrocities incurred upon them by the aristocracy of Europe. What they did was necessary for their survival. At best what happened could be termed as a clash of civilizations who were centuries apart in development.

veritorogue profile image60

Best Answer veritorogue says

• Vegas Elias profile image

Vegas Elias 4 years ago

Verito I agree with the exceptions you mentioned. Human rights were not viewed with seriousness those days. All said and done I feel something should be done to alleviate the sufferings of Native Americans by a country like the U.S.

ziyena profile image85

ziyena says

• Vegas Elias profile image

Vegas Elias 4 years ago

I agree with you Ziena. No single ruler like Hitler carried out the killings. At best it the American Disaster can be termed as a confrontation of civilizations who were centuries apart.

Druid Dude profile image60

Druid Dude says