Dr Billy Kidd profile image 91

Why Did Republicans Vote Down Equal Pay for Women?

The Republicans in the Senate voted against a bill that would have helped women benefit from the 1963 Equal Pay Act. Employers would have had to prove that it was job performance, not discrimination, that created the pay difference. It would have also banned employers from firing people who discussed the amount of their paychecks. Are the Republican’s simply anti-women or are they so pro-business that people get kicked to the side of the road on issues like this?

LandmarkWealth profile image86

LandmarkWealth says

• Dr Billy Kidd profile image

Dr Billy Kidd 5 years ago

I can imagine Congress ruining everything, yes!

wingedcentaur profile image86

William Thomas (wingedcentaur) says

• LandmarkWealth profile image

LandmarkWealth 5 years ago

The christian tenet is actually that husband and wife are to be subservient to eachother.That's a bit of a distortion of the views of people of faith.Nevertheless there is no such evidence of anysubstantial pay gap as implied. Also Read Warren Farell

• Dr Billy Kidd profile image

Dr Billy Kidd 5 years ago

I agree to a part. But to make the case by example for some regulation: Jobs in Russia list whether a woman is expected to go to bed with the boss. That may now be regulated, but I have not heard so. In the U.S. it is. Is pay really different?

Cassie Smith profile image73

Cassie Smith says

• Dr Billy Kidd profile image

Dr Billy Kidd 5 years ago

I wish I knew more about it. That sounds reasonable, but women with lifetime careers, who do not have children, have been reported to receive less. I think its just a macho country and we're all used to it. No so in Sweden. Equal pay for equal work.

ginosblog profile image34

ginosblog says

• Dr Billy Kidd profile image

Dr Billy Kidd 5 years ago

I really like the question, "why does the government do anything?" It's like nobody knows!