pagesvoice profile image 82

Is it the government's responsibility to advertise on how to qualify for food stamps?

With nearly 1 in 7 U.S. citizens on food stamps, should the government be spending up to $ 3 million advertising ob how people can qualify for this program? If a person is poor and hungry, isn't it their responsibility to seek out qualifications for social assistance programs?

Best Answer Christin Sander (ChristinS) says

Academicviews profile image83

Academicviews says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 4 years ago

Believe me, I am not saying I am against food stamps. There is an obvious need in this down economy and with people earning less and less. I just think those in need have a personal responsibility to look for help without advertising for it.