techygran profile image 88

Why do you think there are increasing instances of "mass killings"?

In generations past there were "mass murders" or "massacres", of course, but over the past 20 years there seem to be several incidents each year in the US in particular. Do you have theories you would like to share? Are these incidents related to economic hard times? Anti-depressants? Total moral and spiritual breakdown in society? What do you think?

kem312 profile image59

Best Answer kem312 says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

Thank you Kem312-- I tend to think along these same lines when searching for some kind of rationale for this violence. When I have an IT hangover I go for a long walk with my dog and/or do some info-dumping on my husband of 42 years. Helps.

Lily Luna profile image78

Lorri Woodmansee (Lily Luna) says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

thank you Lily Luna-- it IS complex, isn't it?

Martinblade1 profile image59

Martinblade1 says

somethgblue profile image89

somethgblue says

• kem312 profile image

kem312 5 years ago

With open arms, we welcome the conspiracy theorists. Next, we should talk about how the Jews have persecuted Mel Gibson for several years.

I truly hope the robots don't invade my home, not knowing how to correctly spell my name.

miakouna profile image79

miakouna says

connorj profile image81

John Connor (connorj) says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

no significant statistical increase? that's interesting... do you have a source for this information (with stats) connorj? thank you for providing this perspective! and any idea why one geographical area might be so skewed?

Kari Pete profile image61

Kari Pete says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

thanks Kari Pete for your thoughtful response to the question. So, it is the weapon availability for unstable people that makes it more likely that this sort of trend to mass killing will continue?

handymanbill profile image62

Bill (handymanbill) says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing your point of view, handymanbill. I agree that there is a tendancy for these horrific events to be covered repeatedly, ad nauseum, but is not the same true with certain sporting events? (why we don't have TV or get a newspaper)

whittwrites profile image63

T.B Whitt (whittwrites) says

• techygran profile image

Cynthia (techygran) 5 years ago

thank you whittwrites for your contribution to this puzzling question... I personally believe that there is a great deal of credence to what you have to say about the diminishment of respect for human life. I see the same moral breakdown elsewhere.