tirelesstraveler profile image 88

Why don't I have to show an ID to vote for president or anyone else?

I have to show an ID to any policeman that asks, to get a prescription,see the doctor, get my blood drawn, board an air plane, get my taxes done, write a check, accept a job, withdraw money at the bank and sometimes when I use a credit card. Why don't I have to show my ID when I vote for people who will spend billions of mine and other peoples dollars?

d.william profile image84

d.william says

komradmobster 4 years ago

Maybe you should take what evidence you have and launch a suit to get that changed. If you can't, perhaps you should get honest and admit voter fraud happens. I'm sure the black panthers will help you fund it.

Pamela99 profile image84

Pamela Oglesby (Pamela99) says

xstatic profile image60

Jim Higgins (xstatic) says

• tirelesstraveler profile image

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) 4 years ago

Really? My best friend lives in North Carolina. She received a sample ballot at her parents home in CA. She voted in NC in 2010. She is still on the CA rolls and could have voted in both places if she were a criminal

komradmobster says

• d.william profile image

d.william 4 years ago

more sarcasm? i do agree that mail ins are cast anyway the recipient so desires. Purging is never appropriate when done just before elections. Standard practices has been that this practice is inappropriate.

backporchstories profile image84

backporchstories says

• junko profile image

junko 4 years ago

If a special type or kind of photo Id is required to vote in this election. So unique that voters who voted for years with regular ID's would no longer be eligible to vote in this election. That would be voter surpression.

royalblkrose profile image61

royalblkrose says

• tirelesstraveler profile image

When my husband moved from Michigan to California he was fabergasted that he didn't have to show ID. I voted in my first election in November of 1972. You don't even have to show ID to register here.

Larry Wall 4 years ago

There have been cases in Louisiana. In one case the total vote for a precinct exceeded the population of the precinct. A group of people have voted on behalf of the occupants of the local cemetery. I covered the aftermath of that story. It is true.

danielabram says

• tirelesstraveler profile image

I wish you did in California.

Deb Welch says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 4 years ago

Showing ID is a form of protection, and anyone who wants to do away with it is up to something without a doubt.

Larry Wall says

• tirelesstraveler profile image

Texas and Florida don't have that and are being sued by the federal government because they would like to require ID. CA doesn't require ID. The fact that at least 3 key states are that open to fraud should make everyone shiver.