darkland profile image 60

What would you do if the power grid failed for more than a week

If the power grid was down for any length of time water and sewer would begin to be a problem as well as food and heat. Do you have any plan should a long term catastrophe cripple basic utilities

• darkland profile image

Daniel Brinker (darkland) 4 years ago

Thanks Ib, I'm wondering if we could shouldn't think community. I mean, like within a neighborhood for instance, get together and develop a plan....what do you think?

pramodgokhale profile image60

pramodgokhale says

• darkland profile image

Daniel Brinker (darkland) 4 years ago

We need to learn lessons for India! The power grid everywhere is very delicate and America, especially the cities, are not prepared. Thanks for your answer.

• darkland profile image

Daniel Brinker (darkland) 4 years ago

excellent, I don't think many of us are that prepared. May I ask, what if a crisis extended beyond the supplies you've stored do you have any contingency plan?

Old Empresario says

• darkland profile image

Daniel Brinker (darkland) 4 years ago

You sir sound like you are in fine shape. My only worry might be a storm sever enough to wash toxins into the water supply. Is that a concern where you are? Also, I think you are likely to find you have a lot of company