davenmidtown profile image 86

As voters, Why are we excepting either Romney or Obama as presidential candidates for 2012.

The argument over leadership and leadership abilities, lost job, jobs sent overseas, economic policy, foreign policy, national and foreign debt, national banking and international banking issues, has raged... In listening to the candidates speaking, attacking, pointing fingers, I wonder why we accept either for the office of presidency? Consider: 1) How would you send a message to both parties? 2) What would you say... answers can be like open letters. 3) What characteristics are you looking for in a President? 4) Why do you dislike either candidate or both? So have at it. rant, rave, debate

Chuck Bluestein profile image89

Chuck Bluestein says

whonunuwho profile image82

whonunuwho says

• davenmidtown profile image

David Stillwell (davenmidtown) 4 years ago

Good point... Voting is important... Why? Can you explain to readers why it is important... and maybe list a few alternatives to vote for...

onegoodwoman profile image82

onegoodwoman says

• davenmidtown profile image

awesome! I always love it when you visit and comment!!!!

lrc7815 profile image93

Linda Crist (lrc7815) says

• davenmidtown profile image

Sorry... I mean accepting... not excepting.. though I prefer the later in scrabble... I think there are options available before the election that is where the key to accepting comes into play... both assume we will just vote come Novemeber.

Reality Bytes profile image93

Reality Bytes says

• davenmidtown profile image

Reality Bytes: Great point that there are really more than two candidates... why not take this op to tell us MORE about Gary Johnson, how to vote for him.... and whatever else pops into your head....within reason of course.

Mitch Alan profile image86

Mitch Alan says

• davenmidtown profile image

Hello Mitch Alan! I guess I don't want to vote for which ever is the least horrid... I would rather vote for someone I believe can make a difference and I do not see that in either candidate. I don't see much power in the pres. I see it in congress.

Nathan Orf profile image86

Nathan Orf says

• davenmidtown profile image

It is the constant battle that has held back progress... if that battle is a tool, then control of the congress is essential for movement to go forward. Part of the problem I see in fixing the economy is the speed in which the government moves.

Attikos profile image78

Attikos says

• davenmidtown profile image

How about acceptions? I mispelled the word in my original question..

Kathleen Cochran profile image84

Kathleen Cochran says

• davenmidtown profile image

I always forget about Colin Powell... hmmm this bears consideration.

iamageniuster profile image79

iamageniuster says

• davenmidtown profile image

Why do you think only a democrat or a republican always wins? Can we change that or create a party that is both and yet neither?

ib radmasters profile image59

ib radmasters says

• davenmidtown profile image

Lol@ myself... yes... I meant accepting... damn my brain. I say it is never too late...I think we should stop voting row A and row B... and really start to think about what we want in terms of representation.

umbertoobrian profile image61

umbertoobrian says

• davenmidtown profile image

Just because it has never happened is not a reason to think it can not happen... dilution of the voting populations would reduce the power the each camp have over the citizens and force comprimise in exchange for support.

danielabram says

• davenmidtown profile image

chosen in primary elections that, again offer only limited choices. Do you feel that either of these candidates will make a difference following their election? The premise behind the original question is why do we allow the best poor choice?

Nancy's Niche says

Larry Wall says

• Attikos profile image

Attikos 4 years ago

That's the argument we hear every four years, the one that keeps us in thrall to the two-party system. It's always that we have to take one or the other, that we have to accept the dismal choice of the lesser of two evils. We should rebel against it.