IDONO profile image 83

Why is voter I.D. such an issue?

I have been an American citizen my whole life (58 yrs.) and cannot get a job in the U.S. without a current picture I.D. and an actual social security card. So, why would I feel that I should be able to vote for the leader of my country without one? As long as this rule would apply to everybody, I don't see the problem.

LandmarkWealth profile image85

LandmarkWealth says

screaming 4 years ago

Upsurd is requiring our retired military from WWII and retirees to get photo id when they didn't need it in the past. Maybe where you're from it;s easy, but here in Georgia it isn't! And you fail to mention the cost?

• LandmarkWealth profile image

LandmarkWealth 4 years ago

Junkseller, the Minnesota election commission found over 2800 dead people voted in the senate and presidential election that year alone. It is a big problem. Not picking on MN. It happens all over.

BobMonger profile image59

BobMonger says

• LandmarkWealth profile image

LandmarkWealth 4 years ago

Think about how bad it will be for all of those poor people when they find out they can't get their Social Security without proper ID. They can't accept the deposit without a bank account to put it in, which requires proper ID.

screaming says

screaming 4 years ago

LOL...any mandate? Amazing how so many are against Obamacare yet for a photo id mandate. And to landmark, 32 dollars isn't a lot to most, but a lot to those on fixed income. In Ga, u have to fill out form, they mail to you, and you mail back! WEEKS!