My Esoteric profile image 89

Is or Has America been an Imperialist Power?

Without defining what "imperialism" is, I throw this question out here 1) to see what responses I get and 2) to remind me to write a hub about it. I just finished listening to a rather interesting lecture on the subject and it got me curious.

mio cid profile image60

Best Answer mio cid says

Reality Bytes profile image92

Reality Bytes says

Credence2 profile image85

Credence2 says

ptosis profile image79

ptosis says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

That idea, Ptosis, was mentioned in the lecture. The theory is that all soveriegn nations are imperialistic by that definition. For in order to survive, they must have the right to make war in order to expand or be vanquished.

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 4 years ago

Great map, Junkseller. Yes, that is one definition of imperialism mentioned in the lecture, but not all of them by far. The professor might ask you to compare and contrast that to English imperialism of the 1800s.

jo miller profile image84

jo miller says

Old Empresario says