Billy Hicks profile image 84

How much is my "fair share"?

With all of the "Tax the wealthy" rhetoric out there this election cycle, I want an idea of what people think a "fair" tax rate would be for the wealthy. I don't want partisan talking points, or unsubstantiated allegations (from either side). If you start quoting "facts", then site your sources. I'm looking for rational discussion on tax policy (an absurd expectation I know). For the purposes of this discussion, let's set my annual income at $500,000. So tell me: How much should I have to pay in taxes.

jeshon profile image68

jeshon says

Josak profile image60

Josak says

• Josak profile image

Josak 5 years ago

There is a huge problem with this system in how it affects the poor, if you make 10 000 a year and pay say 15% tax that $1500 is very important to getting by and not having it affects your quality of life not so for someone making much more.