fitmom profile image 90

Is the presidential election a popularity contest?

Am I the only one that feels the presidential election is more of a popularity contest? Should it really be about who we like, or who will get the job done? Shouldn't the President have skills that will help our country instead of just be liked by the people? Shouldn't we look at the skill-sets of the candidates and measure them against what our country needs? What's your opinion?

ithabise profile image92

Michael S. (ithabise) says

• fitmom profile image

fitmom 4 years ago

Yes, detached is right! Politics are definitely full of shenanigans as well. If only there were a way to change that! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

LandmarkWealth profile image84

LandmarkWealth says

• fitmom profile image

fitmom 4 years ago

I agree, LandmarkWealth. I don't understand how so many are blinded and think that he's such a good candidate. I think all elections are somewhat popularity based, but since 2008's election it is much worse. Thank you for your input! :) Best ~ fitmom