flacoinohio profile image 83

Do you think locking in you natural gas rates for the next 7 years is a good thing to do?

The three major natural gas companies in my area created an unregulated affiliate company that is now offering a 7 year "locked" in rate. The first two years there will be no savings, the savings will begin in 2015. Once a 7 year contract is agreed to if a customer terminates the contract, there is a $300 termination fee. My concern would be that if I were to go with this contract and the gas rates go down I don't want to be locked into a 7 year contract that does nothing but profit the gas companies. If this is legal why was a new unregulated company formed to make this offer?

Wesley Clark profile image61

Wesley Clark says

Larry Wall says