Cathy I profile image 76

Should Emergency personnel risk their lives to rescue people who refused to evacuate?

Hurricane Sandy, a superstorm will hit the east coast in about 5 hrs. Some people in low lying areas have refused to heed the evacuation warnings. The winds are beginning to get ferocious and some of them are now calling for help while there is still time. Others still insist they can ride it out. Should Emergency personnel risk their lives to rescue these people in the midst of the storm?

Attikos profile image77

Attikos says

• Cathy I profile image

Cathy I 4 years ago

I agree and not because I am callous but because first responders are risking their lives in the midst of a treacherous storm to go save people who should have heeded the warnings. They have families as well.

IDONO profile image83

IDONO says

• Cathy I profile image

Cathy I 4 years ago

I watched the news coverage before and after the storm and these were just people who wanted to stay and watch their homes or who thought they knew more than the experts.

TempusFugit profile image60

Tempus Fugit (TempusFugit) says

• Cathy I profile image

Cathy I 4 years ago

I was more thinking about first responders in times of major disasters and how they often have to risk their lives to rescue people who had every opportunity to evacuate ahead of time.

Justsilvie says