Prakash Dighe profile image 85

Should the Congress take up wheeling dealing on the Fiscal Cliff end December rather than now?

If a deal is to be reached on the Fiscal Cliff by year end, it would mean some compromise by both the political parties, with some loss of face on their part. Rather than waste their time and our money on the haggling that is currently going on, does it make more sense for the Congressmen to break now for Christmas and meet end December to hammer our a Deal, so that they can satisfy their supporters that they did not compromise till the last possible moment?

hockey8mn profile image86

hockey8mn says

• Prakash Dighe profile image

Prakash Dighe 4 years ago

I believe they feel compelled to strike a deal - the people would hate the uncertainty to continue. This has gone on too long and "going over the cliff" would not help either party - I hope I'm right!

Attikos profile image76

Attikos says

• Prakash Dighe profile image

Prakash Dighe 4 years ago

I can sense the frustration and anger that you are experiencing right now at what's happening in Washington, and both the parties do not deserve any sympathy. But even though I believe they would strike a deal, it would only be at the last moment.