flacoinohio profile image 85

Why is it that gas and oil prices can be speculated and have an almost instant price change?

I was at a Speedway gasoline station this morning and and while I was waiting in line, the manager was telling everyone in her line that they should buy gas now if they can, because at 10AM she was going to change the price of the gasoline from $3.04 to $3.25. As far as I know the only thing that is going to happen in the near future is a winter weather advisory in our area and the possiblity of the world ending tomorrow, thanks to a Mayan calender prediction.

Wayne Brown profile image88

Wayne Brown says

• flacoinohio profile image

flacoinohio 4 years ago

So I the gas station buys 10k of fuel on Monday morning and Tuesday morning they raise the price of gas .25 cents, the increased price is profit and/or futures for that particular shipment?

zpaiss profile image59

zpaiss says