breakfastpop profile image 85

Have you lost your interest in politics?

Mitch Alan profile image87

Best Answer Mitch Alan says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I am with you in every way. This is a very critical time in our history, which is why I am very concerned that people are withdrawing from decisions happening now that can change us for a long time to come.

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Many people feel the same way you do, but I feel that now is not the time to lose focus. Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election so I fear that he will enact many things, in his own way, that will hurt us in the short and long run.

carol7777 profile image85

carol stanley (carol7777) says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I feel the same way, but I worry what can happen if too many people are sleeping.

Wayne Brown profile image87

Wayne Brown says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Wayne, my fear is that Washington is counting on our disgust, or should I say Obama is. He is poised to enact anyway he can legislation that will cripple us in so many ways. This is his chance to "change" us in hideous ways.

Amy Becherer profile image80

Amy Becherer says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Yes, Amy, I believe we are easily manipulated and ultimately controlled. It is not by accident that the media has become so bold in their distortion and suppression of the truth. Our nation is changing and not for the better.

rafken profile image79

rafken says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I can't remember the last time that the media actually told the truth. Couple all the misinformation with the reality of our economic situation and that spells disaster. I have a very strong feeling that a lot of people have lapsed into apathy.

Pino Krisio says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Pino, I feel exactly the same way. We have to keep our voices heard and for now I intend to annoy the hell out of everyone who is supposed to be working for me.

ReneeDC1979 profile image61

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Politics is a game, but I think we have to keep our eyes and ears on the players. I don't appreciate being the pawn.

SheriSapp profile image60

SheriSapp says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I still believe that there is still something we can do to keep things from really going astray. Maybe I am naive.

arafatrahman77 profile image60

arafat rahman (arafatrahman77) says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

Okay, that's a good thing because we have to remember that these people work for us.

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I agree JThomp42. Apparently we have sent children to do business in Washington. My fear is that way too many people are turned off and tuned out. That leaves plenty of room for bad things to happen.

Lynn S. Murphy says

• breakfastpop profile image

breakfastpop 4 years ago

I feel the same frustration, but i just can't imagine being quiet while my grandchildren's future is being trashed.