1. Open doors for people.
2. If a driver is trying to get on the street from a parking lot, let him/her in.
3. If you are heading towards someone in a shopping aisle, step aside, and let them pass with their cart.
4. Give at least 25% tips to wait staff in restaurants if the service is good. (You should not be dining out if you don't allow for a good tip.)
5. When strangers drop things, help them pick up their items.
6. If a person stumbles and falls, help them to get up.
7. Never ignore someone in distress.
8. When you bake goodies, share them with your next door neighbor.
9. Volunteer your time to tutor or mentor a less privileged child.
10. Google the following sites daily. All it takes is a click to help make a better world:
The Hunger Site
11. Strive to eat organic. It helps your body, it helps the earth. Thus, it helps the entire world.
12. Consider becoming a vegetarian. If you are going to eat flesh, make sure that it is organic, free range, and slaughtered humanely.
13. Eat fair trade chocolate and sugar. Otherwise, there is a good chance that slave labor produced those products__not to mention child slave labor.
15. Use sustainable products. eg. Avoid plastic, styrofoam.
16. Use vinegar and baking soda, for example, as cleaning products, and avoid all cleaning products that are toxic. They are not safe for you and your children, and they pollute our soil, as well as water supply.
17. Vitacost is a great website for finding sustainable products at cut rates.
18. Educate yourself about sustainable living.
19. Reduce your consumption altogether. Do you really need that latest iphone?
20. Give yourself quiet time to read, pray, meditate, write.
21. Do not allow your children to have tvs and computers in their rooms. You need to be monitoring their use and the amount of time they are in front of a screen.
22. Spend time with your children picnicking, playing sports, board games, conversing.
23. Eat dinner with your family at the dinner table every night.
24. Have a bi-monthly date night with your partner.