Hawaiian Scribe profile image 92

Should the death penalty be abolished in the U.S.?

As of April 2012, 33 U.S. states allow the death penalty as a punishment. In 2010, there were 46 legal executions in the U.S. In 2011, there were 43 and these were the only legal executions carried out in the Western Hemisphere.

saitam profile image81

Best Answer saitam says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

Stephanie Launiu (Hawaiian Scribe) 4 years ago

Chosen as best answer. I just simply agree with what you've said. Aloha, Stephanie

Sherry Hewins profile image96

Sherry Hewins says

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

Thanks for your reply. I tend to oppose the death penalty because it is not fairly distributed & it is barbaric compared to trends in the rest of the world. There have also been those later proven innocent. Tough issue.

• Hawaiian Scribe profile image

I agree that there are many who don't deserve our tax dollars for 30 years or for the rest of their lives. I'm just not sure killing them is the answer. What happens to those later proven innocent? Thanks so much for your reply.