Ericdierker profile image 80

Why do we give human attention and attribution to an athlete of the body but not to intelligence.

In sports we attribute greatness to the person. Why in intelligence virtue do we not attribute to speaker but to the thought? It is as though, "I knew that" but we do not accept "I can do that". People are mean to intelligent people. They are bigoted and disrespectful as a means of defense. But the athlete whooped their butt so many times they idolize instead of questioning

pippap profile image90

Best Answer pippap says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Pippap that is a really good point. Fear is the reason for a lot of screwy things in this world.

Ruth ferraz profile image61

Ruth Ferraz says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

That is a very intriguing thought.. I think there is much merit to it. As I ask this question I ponder where would I have been, if not for my athleticism? Clearly I thrived on the attention.