rgalloway56 profile image 87

Is the general public rude or polite?

In your daily contact with the general public, what grade would you give them in terms of their manners and politeness; a passing grade or a failing grade, and why do you so answer?

Cordelia Bay profile image61

Best Answer Cordelia Bay says

• rgalloway56 profile image

Rhonda Darlene Lucas (rgalloway56) 4 years ago

You have summed it up nicely! I have experienced the same behavior. And as I said in a comment above, I still don't let it change the way I treat others. My mom always told me "Never give anyone a cause for complaint against you." Good advice!

donnah75 profile image97

Donna Hilbrandt (donnah75) says

cat on a soapbox profile image96

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• rgalloway56 profile image

You have a valid point and definitely one to think about. Assertiveness can be mistaken as rudeness. The stress of living in overcrowded cities and working in tiny cubicles can take its toll on a person. It's no wonder that people internalize.

Hideki-ryuga profile image79

Hideki-ryuga says

mr-veg profile image68

mr-veg says

• rgalloway56 profile image

I understand what you are saying and I DO take into consideration that the person could just be having a bad day, since we all have them. I ignore rude behavior for the most part, but was interested in other peoples' take on the subject.

TerryK81 profile image61

Terry A. Kennedy (TerryK81) says

• rgalloway56 profile image

Social etiquette has deteriorated a great deal. Because of crime and violence in the world, people are no longer trusting of their fellow man and have a tendency to put up a wall around themselves, instead of reaching out with acts of kindness.

Old Empresario says

• rgalloway56 profile image

I come in contact with intentionally rude people on a daily basis. You hold the door for someone when your hands are full, or you pick up something they dropped and hand it to them and they don't even say 'thank you'. It's bewildering at times.

• rgalloway56 profile image

That's pretty much been my experience as well. I live in the Midwest and it used to be that EVERYONE was polite. But in recent months I have noticed that for many, rudeness is the order of the day. However, I refuse to let it rub off on me.