momfirms profile image 60

What racial box would you check off on a form if you are multi-racial or bi-racial?

If you are bi-racial but look more like one race than the other, do you check the box of what you look like or do you put other. I am bi-racial and my son is multi-racial. I have to fill out a lot of forms for the both of us. There is usually; Black (African American), White, Hispanic, Arabic, Asian and others... I am mixed with two of those races and my son is mixed with four from the list. If they are trying to get an accurate analysis of our racial background should the list not be more diverse. Or are we at the point in our evolution that these lists need to be thrown out altogether?

Express10 profile image88

H C Palting (Express10) says

multiculturalsoul profile image89

JJ Murray (multiculturalsoul) says

AlexK2009 profile image87

AlexK2009 says

MarieAlana1 profile image83

Marie Alana (MarieAlana1) says

Justsilvie says