kallini2010 profile image 84

What was the most expensive and useless purchase you have ever made?

As individual consumers we are no match to the advertising industry. We buy something for perceived value and convenience, something that is supposed to save us money. That something is usually ends up being purchased but never used. Something like espresso machines, home-gym systems, bread machines, pasta makers... If only all that money could be put in a savings account...

Best Answer Keith Abt (FatFreddysCat) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I think we are susceptible for things like that and every household has things purchased and never used. We are all Victims of Advertising.

Mr. Happy profile image83

Mr. Happy says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Clothes - I agree - beyond certain amount, it does not make you any happier. As for the donations, I wish I would be on the receiving end for Mr. Grow Fast out of Everything and Mr. Shoes do not last even one season!

MarieAlana1 profile image84

Marie Alana (MarieAlana1) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

We are all in the same Money Wasted Club! If I only count the amount I could have saved or used for something more useful! And the fault... It is the only way to learn - on our own hides. Thank you for your contribution!