Sarah Christina profile image 84

Do you think that the proper way to fight ignorance and hate is to respond hatefully & ignorantly?

I ask this question because today I found a Facebook group offensively titled "Virgin Mary Should've aborted." Their page is dedicated to ridiculing and mocking people of religious beliefs in such a hateful way that I consider it to be hate speech (and reported it as such on FB). I messaged them basically saying that you don't fight hate with hate.They responded that "all religion is evil," that its fake and its OK to ridicule and mock religious people. So, they have a problem being judged but reply by blanket judging others? How does promoting an "us vs them" attitude help resolve anything?

TNT Husky profile image75

Devlin Kendall (TNT Husky) says

• Sarah Christina profile image

Sarah C Nason (Sarah Christina) 4 years ago

I totally agree. It's OK if a person doesn't agree with other people's religious beliefs, but why go around spreading more hate? What does this accomplish? We have to try to work together to create mutual respect and understanding for one another.

• Sarah Christina profile image

No, people have been a major player in destroying other groups of people. They simply use religion as their tool. Religion in itself is not a bad thing. Who is holding anyone back from free speech? I see a wide range of opinions all over the internet

MickS profile image74

MickS says

• Sarah Christina profile image

I tried to explain to them that there is a difference between having a religion and having a faith, and they responded that it doesn't matter it's all evil. Pure, straight, blanket judgement. You should never blanket judge an entire group of people.

Sarah Christina profile image84

Sarah C Nason (Sarah Christina) says