Asp52 profile image 83

How come the wounded knee burial site is allowed to be sold in the USA?

Why hasn't the Federal government protected this important historical site? The fact the owner believes the small plot of land is worth more because of a massacre made me genuinely angry! Having read an article on the BBC website today is there anything we non US citizens can do to help stop further injustice to the Sioux people ?

Best Answer Justsilvie says

• Asp52 profile image

Asp52 3 years ago

I find it amazing such a place is in private ownership, I really hope that common sense prevails as the article I read screams of exploitation. The owner believes the Native tribes could turn it into a tourist attraction, I was shocked.

• Asp52 profile image

Asp52 3 years ago

For me it is the equivalent of selling items from war graves. I hope that something positive can be made from this. My knowledge on that area is limited but a friend who has Sioux ancestry was appalled by the idea.