celeste inscribed profile image 74

When is volunteering a bad idea?

We all want to help but sometimes the help we want to give is not necessarily the help that is needed. I often wonder how many volunteers are caught off guard when their efforts to help are met with less than enthusiastic responses. Should we ask first and really understand the need before we offer aid?

janshares profile image90

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• celeste inscribed profile image

Celeste Wilson (celeste inscribed) 4 years ago

Janshares, this is exactly what I was thinking when I asked the question. We need to make sure we are doing a good deed to fill the need of others not the need within ourselves. Very well written, thank you!

cat on a soapbox profile image82

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• celeste inscribed profile image

Hello Cat On A Soapbox, I agree that volunteering is one of the best ways we can give back and yes you are right, with the correct communication it can be life changing to someone in need.