moneyfairy profile image 71

Would you move states and give up your whole life to take care of your aging parents?

My sister lives near my parents and my little brother is just 4 hrs. away , but my last visit my sister asked me if I would move back east and live in with my parents. It's a huge dilemma as they are in the middle of nowhere so my work would be very difficult to cultivate there and I have a full time practice out west that I have had for 21 yrs. now. So would you give up your whole life to move back in with your parents ? Just curious. It's a very difficult dilemma.

innerspin profile image92

innerspin says

Steve Witschel profile image98

Steve Witschel says

• moneyfairy profile image

moneyfairy 4 years ago

That's just it, I would love to be able to help them but if I uproot my whole life to start from scratch it will be near impossible to make the money I am now and my parents and siblings don't have much $$ either. It's heart wrenching. Just need time

• moneyfairy profile image

moneyfairy 4 years ago

That's it finances are little to none, my brother is disabled and my sister is working on her masters degree but none of us have much money to speak of...it's just a very difficult situation all together. Thank you for your input.

Motown2Chitown says

• moneyfairy profile image

moneyfairy 4 years ago

That's just it, she won't move and Dad is still alive but with dementia it's just a difficult situation all around. If she was closer to me that wouldn't be a problem. We just need someone like Hazel , remember that show? A live in maid/helper.