collegedad profile image 81

How do we incorporate the needs of all cultures in our schools?

I was recently tasked with writing a research paper that demonstrates the cultural uniqueness of two minority cultures in my area. Then I am to outline multicultural strategies designed to include their cultures in my classroom. When I presented the Finish culture I was told that they are not a minority, because they are "White." Finish people make up a small portion of the local population, and in respect to the populations of Michigan and the U.S. they are far outnumbered by many minority groups. How can we be truly eliminate bias in the classroom if we don't recognize all cultures equally?

Lisa HW profile image81

Lisa HW says

• collegedad profile image

collegedad 4 years ago

Oh they don't like that answer! LOL The powers that be want us to exploit the differences not the similarities.

ocfireflies profile image79

ocfireflies says

cherihut profile image78

Cheri Hutson (cherihut) says

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says