Don Bobbitt profile image 92

Who is surprised that the Feds are looking at what is on the WEB?

Honestly, I am watching the national news fools, CNN, and one of their headlines is that our most recent whistle-blower said that the Feds are looking at what we, myself and my fellow Americans, as well as the rest of the world are putting onto the WEB? What I want to know is; Just who, in this techno-insane world of ours actually thinks that anything they put onto the Web is secure, in any way?

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

FatFreddysCat- That is the right attitude. You have accepted the fact that there is no such thing as security or even secrecy once you put ANYTHING on the web. I learned my lesson a few years ago when my email info got stolen and used by a hacker.

pagesvoice profile image83

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Good Point, Pagesvoice. We, the people, need to understand the limitations placed on us! And, we need to set our federal dogs loose on the real bad guys, BUT, we do need to keep a good set of reins on these dogs of ours.

DON

Pamela99 profile image86

Pamela Oglesby (Pamela99) says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Pamela99- I agree, but I also know that every government bureaucracy evolves its goals to self justification and expansion. After all, it's just money, and not even real money to them.

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

I like your perspective, but as a retired R&D Engineer in the Cellular world, there is one thing that every person who issues something to a service that will send it over the air.

If it is transmitted over the air, someone has access to it.

LillyGrillzit profile image80

Lori J Latimer (LillyGrillzit) says

Wayne Brown profile image88

Wayne Brown says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Wayne- Good Point. But we need to remember the #1 Political edict. Get an organization approved, and then turn it into a Money Cow full of unnecessary people performing unneeded tasks, with no real goal in mind.

Larry Wall says

• Don Bobbitt profile image

Don Bobbitt 3 years ago

Larry, I like your point, but actually, the government has the equipment to statistically sample every single thing that is transmitted. PERIOD!