CraftytotheCore profile image 86

Why is it more common to see people not obeying traffic laws in parking lots?

For example, why is it more common to see people driving in parking lots without yielding, stopping at stop signs, or paying attention to which side of the road they are driving on? I've commonly noticed people driving on the wrong side of the road in parking lots, most often at the post office.

• CraftytotheCore profile image

CraftytotheCore 4 years ago

I've seen a lot of cars doing of which you speak...backing out of spaces, not even looking and almost hit a person walking by.

TheHoleStory profile image79

TheHoleStory says

• CraftytotheCore profile image

CraftytotheCore 4 years ago

That's very interesting. Twice now I've been driving through the post office parking lot and have almost been hit head-on from people driving down the wrong lane and not paying attention. Scary!

chefsref profile image81

Lee Raynor (chefsref) says

• CraftytotheCore profile image

CraftytotheCore 4 years ago

Yes, I have actually, in the larger parking lots where there are lots of shopping stores.

Wakerra profile image78

Wakerra says

• CraftytotheCore profile image

CraftytotheCore 4 years ago

Interesting. The parking lots that I'm referring to here are 3 joined together by a town road and state road. There is a post office in the middle. The people drive really fast through them to beat the traffic on Route 1.