Laura Schneider profile image 92

Do you believe that the turmoil and strife in Egypt right now is the fault of the U.S., or...

Do you believe that the turmoil and strife in Egypt right now is the fault of the U.S., the Egyptians, or some other group or individual? How do you think it the U.S. should respond, if at all? Regardless, may peace break out over Egypt and may life return to "normal" at the earliest possible time. My thoughts are with this wonderful nation of people with such a rich and proud history.

d.william profile image84

d.william says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Perhaps also the world's countries all expect us to bail them out any time they have trouble without pay or thanks. Perhaps that's why we're struggling to keep our heads above water financially with our enormous debt pool.

kategidascy profile image79

Themis Themistokleous (kategidascy) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

But, pardon, I still don't understand your point of view. The US didn't start civil wars in Egypt, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with oil, which we have enough of anyway. We provide military and financial aid when asked by our allies.

Oscarlites profile image48

Oscar Jones (Oscarlites) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Wow! I'm speechless! Excellent commentary and insight--you've voiced what many of us are thinking. Thank you for your response! I especially love your line, "Lady Liberty may mock us someday." I wonder if she already is... Let freedom ring!