Prakash RnP profile image 52

What lesson should we draw from the US Govt shutdown?

If viewed from the communistic viewpoint, the current US Govt shutdown appears to be an expression of the internal contradiction of capitalism, and this contradiction is without any resolution. How do you view it?

LandmarkWealth profile image76

LandmarkWealth says

• Prakash RnP profile image

Prakash Ranjan Paul (Prakash RnP) 4 years ago

Thank you for the reply. You've referred to things dealing with which is a job I feel I should leave with the Democrats. And I fail to find anything in your reply I can, as a communist, comment on.

NateB11 profile image94

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) says

anudouglas says

MrsGray32 profile image60

MrsGray32 says

icv profile image69

IRSHAD CV (icv) says

• Prakash RnP profile image

You're opposed to interest and economic inequality. But I fail to see how this hub of yours relates to my question regarding the US shutdown that I view as an expression of the insoluble internal contradiction of capitalism.

IDONO profile image81

IDONO says

CarolAnnHeadrick profile image60

CarolAnnHeadrick says

tbHistorian says

• AlexDrinkH2O profile image

AlexDrinkH2O 4 years ago

This is the answer to the question posed above that everyone should read - tbHistorian has hit the nail on the head. The House is not "holding the government hostage" or any such nonsense - it is doing precisely what it was designed to do.

AlexDrinkH2O profile image79

AlexDrinkH2O says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

This would be a proper assessment if you just eat the pablum fed to you instead of considering the word itself. There is/was no proper communist society. Except in small places. Communism is now a buzz word with only knee jerk reactions.

gregas profile image81

Greg Schweizer (gregas) says

tsadjatko profile image80

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Prakash RnP profile image

You seem to have viewed the issue from the Republican point of view. I don't agree with you. I'd soon publish a hub to elaborate my view of the shutdown from my viewpoint. Thank you.

• Christine Ballano profile image

Christine (Christine Ballano) 4 years ago

You are absolutely Correct. Government has gone amok and he people have allowed this to happen and have not taken a stand on it. They are too selfish to do something to make a change. Most are part of the problem, they need to be part of the solution

Copper Man says

• Christine Ballano profile image

We should get rid of the party system, that is the problem