lions44 profile image 99

Is Ted Cruz good for the Republican Party?

As a Republican, I say no. Whether you agree with him or not, the modern media filter makes him look extreme. There's nothing good to come out of his intransigence. Just as hard core left wingers make the Dems look bad, hard core right wingers turn the GOP into extremists in the eyes of the general public. It's cliché, but moderation in everything is good.

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

tbHistorian says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Your response is probably the best defense of Cruz I've heard in a long time, if ever. You are right on many of your points. But my point is that the battle is over for now. Why take the PR hit in a losing cause? Save it for other battles.

LandmarkWealth profile image76

LandmarkWealth says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Another passionate response. As much as I agree, conservative Repubs need to take a page from the Obama playbook. Wrap yourself up in "moderate" cloaks, and then get in power. That's the only way to create change. Public purity tests look bad.

The Frog Prince profile image78

The Frog Prince says

• lions44 profile image

CJ Kelly (lions44) 4 years ago

Thx FP for commenting. I could not disagree more with your sentiment. The GOP has been successful in the past as an inclusive party. Absolutism just minimizes the party in an era of sound bites. We can convince people of our ideas in other ways.